Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational
Quote | Reply
Gwen is racing the Stanford invitational 10000m next weekend and is now officially listed with the Bowerman Babes, what do you think she will run? She will have some good competition and I think she will run low 31 as she is likely in better shape than when she ran 15:15. I think if she has a good race she should seriously think about holding off marathon training for a bit and focusing on 5/10k.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope someone is covering this and can post a link to the live race here. He last 5k time suggests around a 31;30, but I think you are right in that if the race goes faster, she will go with it. Her finish time is going to be totally dependent on the race pace in the early miles, tactical or a hammerfest? I doubt it is her plan to go to the front if the pace gets slow and pull the ladies around, probably like the 5k, get up to the front 5 and sit in until someone makes something happen, then react to the attacks if you can..

I hope they go out in under 31 flat pace though, she certainly could hang with that for quite awhile, maybe to the end even!
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flotrack will cover it, doubt anyone else will. The race isn't super stacked. Karissa will likely want a fast time as well and has a 15:17 pb. I really hope they will split the race into two heats, bunch of girls who are gonna get lapped several times and wouldn't want that screwing over Gwen or the other front runners.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt you get that race event free feed btw.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah with Flotrack you have to do a yearly or monthly contract. I wish they would offer one time event purchase like ITU.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race is scheduled for 8:50pm pacific. I'm going to try to go watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Stanford invitational [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still i would recommend you follow flotrack link live. you wont see the race but you'll the participants and their position during the race. live. their finish time / place showing as they cross the line. pretty pretty awesome : )
Quote Reply