Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post-Morning Workout Nutrition Question
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to figure out the morning nutrition, especially on long and slow days where I can burn up quite a few hours.

For example, on a four hour spin I'm burning around 1800 calories at fairly low wattage. Some more context to that scenrio:
  1. I'll eat (sport drink/gels/bars) on the bike up to about (max) 200 calories per hour.
  2. I'll still leave the bike with a calorie deficit as a result.
  3. My go to homemade recovery shake is about 550 - 600 calories (about 90 carbs / 30 protein grams).
  4. I'll still leave a long session like that with a 200 - 300 calorie deficit.

So my question is for those of you who are particular about your nutrition would you just fold those extra calories into your breakfast (for me that would be about another 90 minutes after the recovery shake).

DISCLAIMER/REQUEST: I am purposely trimming about 1/2 pound a week (about 250 calories per day) to get down to optimum race weight so I monitoring calories currently. I follow the forum enough to know that there will be several people on here who will want to reply with just eat to you are full, etc.. I hear you and I agree. However, I am looking for some particular advice about a recurring situation that I want to get right (I workout almost exclusively in the mornings before breakfast).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

JC
Last edited by: Tri_JC: Mar 24, 18 15:30
Quote Reply
Re: Post-Morning Workout Nutrition Question [Tri_JC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don’t need to get all the calories back in one sitting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skip shake and eat breakfast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it all really depends on you

age, genetics, gut bacteria, food timing, metabolism
its such a big subject that its become almost pointless asking on forums. We are all different and all have unique opinions.

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply