Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

French policeman v's parkland school officer
Quote | Reply
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...t-claims-allegiance/

Not sure what the specific definition of a hero might be. I think this might count.

I do wonder who shot him though. That does not seem to be clear.

That is the ultimate sacrifice.

Contrast with florida..............
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/23/france-gunman-holding-hostages-supermarket-claims-allegiance/

Not sure what the specific definition of a hero might be. I think this might count.

There is a name for someone that has to be the hero. I'm pretty sure exchanging himself for the hostage goes against everything he was taught.

Sorry he died. Would have been a great story if he had lived.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i suspect thats true. i also am interested to know who shot him

however, the alternative i referenced, as seen in florida was sit outside and do nothing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
i suspect thats true. i also am interested to know who shot him

however, the alternative i referenced, as seen in florida was sit outside and do nothing

That man should never have been in there to begin with.

I live about 30 minutes from the school and have friends that have kids that go to the school. The trauma they have had to deal with truly incredible.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agence France Presse reported that he was shot by the terrorist and the GIGN intervened immediately after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, I thought all Frenchies were cheese-eating surrender monkies?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you hoping it was the police that shot him rather than the terrorist?
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Wait, I thought all Frenchies were cheese-eating surrender monkies?

Hahaha. Just spat out my water. Well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 26-year-old jihadist killer, Radouane Lakdim, shot and stabbed him and he died of his injuries.

I also immediately thought of the Parkland shooting, another incident in which a killer entered a building full of unsuspecting and unarmed people.

In that case, the sheriff's deputy/school resources officer (a sworn law enforcement officer), who should have stormed the building and engaged the shooter to protect the kids he was around every day, stood outside and did nothing. But cower and tremble, most likely.

That cowardice (because that's what it was: cowardice) probably led to additional deaths.

Contrast that with the heroism of Arnaud Beltrame who handed himself, unarmed, to a radicalized ISIS-inspired killer to save the life of one hostage he’d never met.

Courage like that deserves international recognition. LTCOL Beltrame deserves all of the honor he is receiving, and more.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/23/france-gunman-holding-hostages-supermarket-claims-allegiance/

But but the French are the surrender monkeys...
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you obviously have a reading comprehension issue to infer anything about what i did or did not hope for from my post...........

an idiotic comment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My reading comprehension is strong, thank you. It seemed odd that you twice raised the question as to who shot the police officer. And you're overheated response only strengthens my feeling about why you raised the question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
My reading comprehension is strong, thank you. It seemed odd that you twice raised the question as to who shot the police officer. And you're overheated response only strengthens my feeling about why you raised the question.

You assertion that andrewmc "hoped" that the police shot him was bizarre and uncalled for. I honestly can't think of any possible motive to suggest that.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 24, 18 20:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a guy died defending others

a stale meme (repeated 3x ffs), even if ironically, seems disrespectful to his sacrifice
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do not understand your point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am pretty confident when i say this. it isn't

twice. at the point when the post was made. the situation was not clear. it was still not clear, at least in the guardian before edits were made

my quote unquote overheated response was to the idiocy at inferring something for which there was no evidence, as opposed to believing at any point the french security services made an error

however. if it makes you feel better that you want to believe i suspected they fucked up, knock yourself out. my daughter goes to school with them outside every day and i have every confidence in them
Quote Reply
Re: French policeman v's parkland school officer [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree

the local crs guys are badass, as are PGMH who recovered my uncles body in the alps. extremely tough and extremely competent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
do not understand your point

my comment was meant for a few of the subsequent posts, not your original one -- sorry for any confusion
Quote Reply