Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE!
Quote | Reply
If anyone still remembers my saga, its actually still ongoing. So long story short, Garry still has both my money and my Di2 group. If theres any way any of you could assist me, that would be great. :)

Here is the original post if you want to read through it:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Classifieds_F2/%3A)_P6486568/

He had me delete the post which is why the original has disappeared, but I have pasted it below:

https://www.facebook.com/garry.mathieu.92
I sent Garry Mathieu a 6871 Di2 groupset as new take off. He responds to me two weeks after receiving it and says that the battery charger wasn't included. My bad, I offer to send it out. He emails me two days later saying he doesn't need the groupset anymore and would like a refund. He had bought this to put it on a customers bike. I obviously say no refunds, so he opens a paypal dispute. I then figure, okay I might as well sell it to someone else and have Garry ship it to the new buyer (which wasn't the best thought process). So I call paypal and tell them to just refund the money to him and I'll send him a label. I sent him the label, he now also has the money. Sounds good to me, as anyone with any semblance of decency would accept a prepaid return label right? Nope. He refuses to respond to any of my private messages or emails, has blocked me on facebook where we first exchanged information, and refuses to pick up the phone. He will however, respond publicly. He also had the groupset up for sale on slowtwitch, but has deleted his post to cover his ass.
Link to his for sale thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...di2_groups__P6483773
If anyone can help me out in any way, that would be very appreciated. Hes in upstate New York near Canada, or he lives in Canada, I'm not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Montreal for work, PM me his info and I'll see what I can do.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't know much about him, he used a freight forwarder.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll look him up, my guess is he uses one of the Big 5 banks in Canada if he is in Montreal/Toronto as his linked in says. He should be pretty easy to find more out about. Everyone has a bank account and I have enough finance connections to do a quick search while I'm there for work.
Last edited by: kppolich: Mar 22, 18 21:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a jackass. If what you say is true, you can also file a police complaint after you find out his name/company details.
I used to live in the Toronto area but not anymore...otherwise I would have offered to hunt him down.

Good luck

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should have contacted the authorities a long time ago. So why not do it now, either Ontario Prov Police, or Montreal Police (SPVM). Tell them the truth, that you're actually not sure if he's in Montreal or Toronto, see what they can do for you. From everything you've documented, it sounds like he has committed wire fraud (assuming he has both the goods and the money)? Even if its not a massive amount of money, I doubt the police will refuse to help.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bumped your original post-change the title back from :) to "Gary is a POS"
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny and disturbing that this douche is still logging on. He was on today at 6:08am last I looked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was curious if you had any updates to your situation with this? For some reason I remembered this and a random though came across my mind wondering why the offender didn't just go to another LBS or Amazon to buy another charger then sell yours once he received it to recoup some costs. Seems like not the most resourceful person from how you described your interactions with him.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jul 20, 18 6:37
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this out of curiousity as well
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure he used to be living in montreal. Im almost certain i bought trainer out of him 2_3 years ago... I would not remember where he lives.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! UPDATE! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh he still has my stuff and money. I try to not think about it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see.....sorry for picking at that scab then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a wheel set from him once- they are great and as advertised...
Quote Reply