Login required to post replies

Ben Carson's wife thrown under bus
Quote | Reply
https://www.nytimes.com/...hud-dining-room.html

This sitcom just writes itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Carson's wife thrown under bus [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can that be? I thought it was Obama.

RepReply. Claudia Tenney (R-NY) appeared to blame the nefarious “Deep State” for ordering a costly dining set for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson.
During a recent appearance on Talk! Of the Town, an upstate New York local radio show, the New York Republican was asked about the decision to buy a $31,000 dining room set for Carson’s office last year. Tenney told the hosts that the “Ben Carson story is so misunderstood” before pointing to a no-named staffer of cryptic origin as the culprit.
“First of all, I like Ben Carson a lot. I think he’s really trying to do a great job there. But his staffer, one of his key people, was in my office the other day to talk about some of the housing issues that we have in our region and we were talking about that and he said ‘you know, that’s the most…” Tenney said trailing off.
“Somebody in the Deep State, it was not one of his people apparently, ordered a table, like a conference room table or whatever it was for a room,” Tenney continued. “And that’s what the cost was. Ben Carson tried to—he said “you know how hard it is to turn it back because of the way that the procurement happens?”

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Carson's wife thrown under bus [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile Congress cannot pass a budget that is not in deficit. Latest effort a 1.9 trillion omnibus spending bill for 6 months that almost no one is talking about. We sure do talk a lot about trump's tweets though. And you know what I typed this out as BK was doing his post.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Mar 22, 18 11:49
Quote Reply