Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "I'm leaving social media. Please contact me about anything important.............." [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
One of the advantages of social media is being able to organize large groups of people. I have several friends who have left social media, or who have never used it in the first place, and all of them pretty much rely on the rest of us to track their asses down and personally hand them information that they need.

That is all.....

Why don't you just send a raven?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: "I'm leaving social media. Please contact me about anything important.............." [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m old enough now to only care about keeping up with the people I actually have an opportunity to see and those I don’t see often but remain in contact with through channels outside of social media. I recently reopened my FB account but don’t follow a single person, just content creators, businesses, and entertainment venues whose work and events I’m interested in. If I miss out on a party invitation or insignificant conversation because I’m not active on it, oh well; I’ll catch up on the important things when I actually chat with the people most important to me. People got by for millennia without it and so will I.

BarryP wrote:
One of the advantages of social media is being able to organize large groups of people. I have several friends who have left social media, or who have never used it in the first place, and all of them pretty much rely on the rest of us to track their asses down and personally hand them information that they need.

That is all.....
Quote Reply
Re: "I'm leaving social media. Please contact me about anything important.............." [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
How did we manage to get all this stuff done before Facebook and other social media platforms? Or before cellphones, for that matter? It must have been a pallid half-life existence devoid of any meaning or character. ;-)
Back in the day (1980) the USAF sent me to England “unaccompanied” until I could find a house for Ms Tostig and me to stay in. Once I got there, I mailed her a letter to let her know I was safe and sound. (A phone call cost too much.). A month later I found a house so I mailed her another letter. She mailed a letter to me letting me know when her flight would arrive at Heathrow. I drove there on the scheduled day and picked her up. Easy.

Kids these days......,,,

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: "I'm leaving social media. Please contact me about anything important.............." [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply

Prev Next