Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My coach is an idiot [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
You are mistaken. Optimal diaper installation is 'too high'. Too low results in disasterous consequences.

It's a fair point,and one I acknowledge as the parent of an 18 month old who has had a couple of spectacular up-the-spine blowouts...perhaps what is needed is an aero diaper. That thing is going to catch wind like a sail on descents...
Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
beston wrote:
You are mistaken. Optimal diaper installation is 'too high'. Too low results in disasterous consequences.

It's a fair point,and one I acknowledge as the parent of an 18 month old who has had a couple of spectacular up-the-spine blowouts...perhaps what is needed is an aero diaper. That thing is going to catch wind like a sail on descents...

Not fair dude!! I'm in the middle of eating my lunch.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, it's like the spinal column was created to funnel poo upwards...

beston wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

beston wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

If I remember correctly [and it's been a VERY long time ago] diapers that are snug enough in the legs to prevent leaks, are also guilty of migrating the poo up & out when the child rolls around

Having no place else to go, it squirts out the top like a tube of the world's foulest toothpaste

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

beston wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

If I remember correctly [and it's been a VERY long time ago] diapers that are snug enough in the legs to prevent leaks, are also guilty of migrating the poo up & out when the child rolls around

Having no place else to go, it squirts out the top like a tube of the world's foulest toothpaste

He eats the same food I do. How does his poop smell SO vile? Little Coach did poop on the potty for the first time yesterday :-) Major milestone!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When was the last time you shat in a diaper and let it soak for an hour or two?

Seems you need to control for conditions before asserting that his poop smells worse than yours.
Quote Reply
Re: My coach is an idiot [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:

Seems you need to control for conditions before asserting that his poop smells worse than yours.

Who says I'm not controlling for conditions ? ;-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man that was good! Depends all the way ;)

JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:

Who says I'm not controlling for conditions ? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well played, sir. Well played.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the new coach is way smarter. He got me to take it pretty easy, but still get some riding in for the rest of the week, including a 2x8 minute FTP test on Friday and took Sunday as a full rest day. Went to a friend's hobby farm where coach fed some ducks and chickens, roasted marshmallows, and had some maple syrup from the farm. He's tapped about 75 trees on the property, which will make enough sap for about 10-15 litres of syrup.

Got back to the grind yesterday, did a 1 hour run that registered at 110 TSS (time to update my pace zones) and 45 minutes on the bike at around 75-85% of FTP in the evening while watching Transformers - the Last Knight.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coach has restricted my trainer rides to watching Blippi and Paw Patrol for some reason, it's like he wants me to suffer even more. I tried to negotiate but he always wins...I ended up giving him my gatorade, turning the fan off because it was too loud, and he refused to give me his bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your coach is an asshole! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Coach has restricted my trainer rides to watching Blippi and Paw Patrol for some reason, it's like he wants me to suffer even more. I tried to negotiate but he always wins...I ended up giving him my gatorade, turning the fan off because it was too loud, and he refused to give me his bottle.
B-L-I-P-P-I. That's my name.... Blippi - yeah, good job!

Blippi's mechanical skills are questionable. Every motor gets fixed by adding oil.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
General reply to this thread. If you fire your coach and use part of your brain on your body the way that part of the brain helped me in swimming, you should be good to go. Now I am working on 100% legal motions broken body parts and all for the next 2 months all the time. I never had to because I never planned to enter a swim meeting until the ST swim coaches brow beat me into doing that!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next