Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Testing during Rest week or beginning of next training cycle
Quote | Reply
My coach currently has me testing every 4 weeks during my rest week -- so 3 week build then a rest/test week. My previous training plans (online ones) typically had me testing the first days of the 3 week build portion and rest week was truly only resting. Granted the tests arent huge -- 20 min FTP, 1 mile aerobic run, 3x300 swim -- I just feel a bit run down given I am typically FTP testing 1 day after the end of 3 weeks (sunday long run -> Monday OFF -> Tuesday FTP)

How do others fit testing into their schedule?
Quote Reply
Re: Testing during Rest week or beginning of next training cycle [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
My coach currently has me testing every 4 weeks during my rest week --

Let's let this marinate for a bit...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Testing during Rest week or beginning of next training cycle [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
holograham wrote:

Yes i thought it was odd -- previous plans were testing every 8 weeks. Coach is TP certified and all that. I wanted to try something new this year to take my IM to the next level.
Quote Reply
Re: Testing during Rest week or beginning of next training cycle [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
holograham wrote:

Yes i thought it was odd -- previous plans were testing every 8 weeks. Coach is TP certified and all that. I wanted to try something new this year to take my IM to the next level.

I'm just going to throw this out there... have you talked to your coach?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Testing during Rest week or beginning of next training cycle [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes -- its low intensity testing so the frequency and impact should be minimal. He agreed to move some a bit later in the rest week. I was just getting a sense of what others do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never did formal testing but rest weeks usually ended with some sort of race. Distance was dependent upon training mileage and race distance
Quote Reply