Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I'm guessing that triathlon has peaked in Europe. At least 3 full Ironman races in north Europe offer a relay option this year (Haugesund, Vichy, and Estonia). IM Mont Tremblant is the only one in North America with a relay. From my perspective, a relay option is an attempt to boost flagging registrations.

I'd agree. IMNZ now also offers a 70.3 on the same course and the same day as IMNZ.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last June, Ironman announced that the Haugesund 70.3 would be replaced with Ironman Haugesund. Later a relay was added to boost numbers. Then last week they announced that the Haugesund 70.3 would be brought back the same day (the Ironman starts at 0700 and the 70.3 starts at 0800). I'm guessing the combined numbers will be very low. The retraction we've had in U.S. is spreading.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did not get rid of all the experienced people from NA Sports. Most of us are still working for Ironman! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..... four ..... seems like a fun gig, but it would be a benefit cut for sure for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [TriLawGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graduating law school in May, so any benefits are an increase in benefits for me!

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck in July! My biggest piece of advice is not to try to guess what will be on it. Get a bar prep program, follow it religiously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you go? I'm a 3L at UF.

You racing collegiate nationals? The benefits of still being a student. Hah!

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [TriLawGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have already signed up, wouldn't imagine trying to go without it.

Brenden Macy
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go to IU, unfortunately I'm not eligible, I'm a second-career student. Turning 30 the day after IMFL this year!

Brenden Macy
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a quote from me... that's from Diana and Linda.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Last June, Ironman announced that the Haugesund 70.3 would be replaced with Ironman Haugesund. Later a relay was added to boost numbers. Then last week they announced that the Haugesund 70.3 would be brought back the same day (the Ironman starts at 0700 and the 70.3 starts at 0800). I'm guessing the combined numbers will be very low. The retraction we've had in U.S. is spreading.

Isn't that the same weekend as Roth? Might explain low interest in a full Ironman, I don't know. I'm interested to do either the full or 70.3 at some point, hope it does well.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Adds 70 New Jobs in Tampa [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a tough calendar date for sure. IM Haugesund is the same day as IM Austria, same day as Roth, one week before IM Germany and just two weeks before ITU Long Course Worlds in Denmark. But the numbers for the Haugesund 70.3 were in freefall to begin with - which is why I assumed that they converted to a full when most typically it is the other way around. I'm racing the full this year and hope it does well enough so others can try it in the future.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Mar 27, 18 14:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next