Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The dog thread. [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's taken a couple of weeks for me to post this...

I just lost my best buddy to cancer. He was my first dog, though my family had many growing up, never really "family dogs". Riley was sort of a celebrity here in Monterey, always recognized as "the dog that swims at Lover's Point" and a fixture at Carmel Beach. He was my running partner on the local Rec Trail and the trails of Fort Ord. Many people (older) would say he had the "Life of Riley".

While he was going through cancer treatment, I put together two videos to commemorate our friendship and his happy life.

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: The dog thread. [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m so very sorry. Been there. What a great life you provided and I’m glad you had the opportunity to share his life with him. He was one lucky dog.
Quote Reply
Re: The dog thread. [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang dude - you're putting the rest of us to shame! Based on the vids, your boy had one epic life! So much outdoors, and the swimming pics were awesome; especially the one from below. You did right. Hope you find solace in reflecting on the many good times and from recognizing you were awesome together.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply

Prev Next