Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ABT Electronics...any first hand experiences for large appliances?
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new washer/dryer set. I believe I've found the set that the wife agrees on and now searching out prices. So far ABT Electronics total pricing (including an extended warranty) is the cheapest total cost (I can install myself and not paying for that extra service). We are talking a couple hundred cheaper than a couple of local options for a larger family owned chain appliance store and Best Buy. A decent amount cheaper than another local home improvement store (Menards) but their deal is an 11% rebate for in store credit with their warranty period at 4 years (the rest go up to 5 years max). Or do I just skip the extended warranty and get one of those service contracts that cover all large appliances in the house and the furnace/AC system (for probably $30/month I believe it might end up being).

Anybody on here have any experiences they can chime in? I'm in Minnesota and see they are in Illinois so whoever has bought from them from another state to have large appliances delivered and want to know how their experience was.
Quote Reply
Re: ABT Electronics...any first hand experiences for large appliances? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would never buy any type of extended warranty or service contract.
Quote Reply
Re: ABT Electronics...any first hand experiences for large appliances? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this is ABT on the north of Chicago - I cannot recommend them enough--- have many stories of them stepping up in Customer Service terms that have gone way above the call of duty - on a personal choice - I would not get the extended warranty. Sorry have no experience of inter state delivery - but if it is anything like local delivery - yu will not be disappointed.

Hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Last edited by: feman: Mar 20, 18 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Locally they're one of the leaders as people from all over Chicago drive up to their single location to buy big stuff. We have done some big purchases from them including most recently a full kitchen suite and have been pretty happy. We're local so we didn't pay shipping and service is pretty quick and easy for us through them.

Not sure how much that helps from Minnesota but they've always been good to us.
Quote Reply
Re: ABT Electronics...any first hand experiences for large appliances? [ECE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting feedback. The shipping fee for me would be about the same as paying sales tax if I bought locally to me. So that is really a wash as the local places all offered free delivery (or pickup) in some sort of fashion.

To all those above who say no warranty then I'd take ABT's best price (with offers/rebates) and see if my local places can match. Without the extended warranty the price differences between ABT and the rest I've looked at is between $15-$150 total costs (including taxes for local, delivery for online & other rebates/promotions).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apart from the price differential - please do not ignore the fantastic customer service ABT offers - I have no affiliation with them apart from being a long tern very satisfied customer... will your local supplier offer the same 5 star CS? Certainly Sears will not!! LOL.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply