Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Get hurt: F this forum!
Quote | Reply
I got hurt recently and ruined my last 6 months of hard work and race plans. I find it weird how quickly I was to “quit” this forum. Prior I was a daily reader and often on here. Now...just no interest and haven’t been here much. I’m sure it’s because I don’t want to read on the “hope” and “excitement” for future races and stuff...but man...just shocked me is all. Could be I’m in mourning...
Quote Reply
Re: Get hurt: F this forum! [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTFU. And, this belongs in the "Cry Like a Little Biatch" thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Get hurt: F this forum! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're correct it does. FML
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Join the club, I'd say good 1/3 of threads are about one type of injury or another. I cannot wait for March to be over, I pulled a groin (I know how I did it) and hurt a rib (I have no idea how I did it) in the last two weeks.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Get hurt: F this forum! [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just it...maybe I'm more pissed because I did it "just standing" (slipped on wet floor and dislocated my kneecap bad...and now it's a chronic issue). It'd be one thing if I did it training, or playing hockey (quit so I wouldn't get hurt before St.G 70.3)...but damn.

Hard to read on here when the plans get thrown out the window and I'll be happy to be able to run in a few months.

...this really does deserve to be in the "cry like a biatch" thread. haha

Wondered if I'm the only one that "lost interest" when hurt, or is it because my attention shifted from racing (and like minded peeps) and once I get over being a gimp i'll be back on the saddle? Whatever. F&*K!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't lost interest, but I've definately held off registering for any races. At least until I get past this current injury phase.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply