Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PM Poll .. [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
BryanD wrote:
If Garmin ever made a Speedplay power meter, you would see a ton of people buy it. I remember reading an article where Garmin said they wanted to control the manufacturing process so they made their own pedals.
I'd probably be one of them.

So would I. I don't currently use a power meter but a Speedplay power pedal would likely bring over to the light.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: PM Poll .. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ok, I get what you're going for now. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: PM Poll .. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
BryanD wrote:
If Garmin ever made a Speedplay power meter, you would see a ton of people buy it. I remember reading an article where Garmin said they wanted to control the manufacturing process so they made their own pedals.
I'd probably be one of them.

So would I. I don't currently use a power meter but a Speedplay power pedal would likely bring over to the light.

If I recall correctly, the power meter that eventually became the Garmin was originally based on Speedplay for that interminable time that t was vaporware, before Garmin bought the company and made it reality...
Quote Reply
Re: PM Poll .. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The market for Speedplay is half the size of Look or Shimano. That is likely to influence anyone’s decision to sell a speedplay powermeter.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: PM Poll .. [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've no data .. but I'd estimate that there are more pms on Speedplay equiped bikes than on Shimanos ore Look .. (at least in percentage for premium market) ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply

Prev Next