Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power Meter Debate [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
dunno wrote:
So I have a wad full of cash and am wanting to buy BUT imho the power taps are old tech and will need to drop their price to remain competitive with the new Garmins. BUT the Garmins also have a history of being unreliable....so I’m frustratingly sitting on the fence waiting for a price drop or the Garmins to prove their reliability

I guess it’s a new set of carbon wheels then :)
Maybe.

But. The P1 pedals have had the price dropped recently. And they’re rock solid. Mine are 2 years old, 000’s of kms on them and they don’t miss a beat.

How much were they previously? Looking at Wiggle for example they are $1,381. The Garmins can be had for $1,292!
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
BayDad wrote:
dunno wrote:
So I have a wad full of cash and am wanting to buy BUT imho the power taps are old tech and will need to drop their price to remain competitive with the new Garmins. BUT the Garmins also have a history of being unreliable....so I’m frustratingly sitting on the fence waiting for a price drop or the Garmins to prove their reliability

Maybe.

But. The P1 pedals have had the price dropped recently. And they’re rock solid. Mine are 2 years old, 000’s of kms on them and they don’t miss a beat.

How much were they previously? Looking at Wiggle for example they are $1,381. The Garmins can be had for $1,292!

They were originally $1200 USD, then $1000, now $800, and that's assuming no discounts (and there have been various discount opportunities).
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, been doing some reading on the Vectors and yet again there are many dissatisfied Garmin customers. Amazing..
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Wahoo power meter is +/- 5%

I did not know that - thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [Babybull63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read this entire thread. Powertap g3 in a wheel set...
I have 3 wheelsets across 2 bikes. 1000's of miles on all 3. 2 were rebuilt from wired to g3.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
BayDad wrote:
dunno wrote:

Maybe.

You get what you pay for...

Plus https://www.clevertraining.com/...rtap-p1-power-pedals

$799.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [Babybull63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Favero user here.
I love them. Easy to install, cheap and they work flawlessly with both Garmin 800 and 820.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Debate [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
dunno wrote:
BayDad wrote:
dunno wrote:

Maybe.

You get what you pay for...

Plus https://www.clevertraining.com/...rtap-p1-power-pedals

$799.

Wow that’s a great price, and they ship to Oz, thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next