Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knoxville to Charlotte
Quote | Reply
Taking the wife and three kids (17, 14, 11) on a spring break trip and have 2 or 3 open days in the first part of April to spend anywhere in, around and between Knoxville and Charlotte as we drive west. Never driven that way so looking for any tips or advice or fun things to do and best places to visit along the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Knoxville to Charlotte [waytooslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clingmans Dome, highest point in Tennessee
Quote Reply
Re: Knoxville to Charlotte [PeterP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Mount Mitchell, the highest point east of the Mississippi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waytooslow wrote:
Taking the wife and three kids (17, 14, 11) on a spring break trip and have 2 or 3 open days in the first part of April to spend anywhere in, around and between Knoxville and Charlotte as we drive west. Never driven that way so looking for any tips or advice or fun things to do and best places to visit along the way.

If you've never been,mid stop by the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. It is a beautiful place.

My Mitchell is very close to Asheville,,off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Highest point east of the Mississippi and you can drive to the top. The views are worth it.

Not much in Knoxville (IMO) but the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is on the way. Gatlinburg is the small tourist city right at the entrance to GSMNP. It's a tourist trap but lots of little stores and restaurants. Pigeon Forge is just before Gatlinburg and it has a lot of shopping outlets. There's lots to do in these two areas, for all ages. If you go during the week then you should be fine. On the weekends, it can get very busy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tail of the Dragon.

/thread

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Knoxville to Charlotte [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That assumes you're a car enthusiast.

Have you run that section?
Quote Reply
Re: Knoxville to Charlotte [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
That assumes you're a car enthusiast.

Have you run that section?

Every April for the last four years. Heading there for the fifth time for a rally in April.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply