Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite running apparel? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had my C9 shorts for years and they’re like brand new. They’re $15 a pair. I use a Nike running singlet, black Swiftwicks and black On shoes.

AndysStrongAle wrote:
gmh39 wrote:
I like the Champion C9 stuff at Target. Cheap, stylish, and doesn't scream, "I like to exercise!"

x2 when companies started racking their prices up to $40 for a pair of shorts I turned to Target C9 stuff. Quality isn't as good as the name brands but its very much good enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [maukiwauw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks Sherpa

maukiwauw wrote:
Does anyone know of a good 3-7" running short with a boxer brief lining? I have a few pairs of Brooks and Zoot but sadly can't seem to find them anywhere. Nowadays all shorts seem to be standard lining (ie chafe city after a bit) or full on compression fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have worn mostly cheap stuff over the years and but have just recently found the beauty in Nike gear. Absolutely love it. Sure some companies do better shorts or shirts, but I have never been unsatisfied by anything from Nike. Not interested in ordering from Roka, De Soto if I can't try it on before paying big $$
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [maukiwauw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maukiwauw wrote:
Does anyone know of a good 3-7" running short with a boxer brief lining? I have a few pairs of Brooks and Zoot but sadly can't seem to find them anywhere. Nowadays all shorts seem to be standard lining (ie chafe city after a bit) or full on compression fit.

I have several pairs of Hind running shorts that have the boxer brief lining, as well as a zip back pocket and an elastic pocket on the hip. Best I have found to eliminate chafing. I have found them at some of the discount stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I have a smiliar pair by 2XU but the fit is much more restrictive especially in the briefs part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patagonia strider 5 or 7” shorts. Built in pockets that work, draw string is on the outside. 5” has a brief, 7” boxerbrief. 7” is also good for working out & physical therapy (boxerbrief). Worth the price, but find them on sale.

Target C9 tech shirts, cheap, good quality, looks good.
Nike tech running shirts, only splurge if can find them 30-40% off at my local Nike store.

Swiftwick (aspire) socks, holds shape well, compression, toenails don’t cut through.
Last edited by: Wetfeet: Mar 20, 18 6:13
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
gmh39 wrote:
I like the Champion C9 stuff at Target. Cheap, stylish, and doesn't scream, "I like to exercise!"

x2 when companies started racking their prices up to $40 for a pair of shorts I turned to Target C9 stuff. Quality isn't as good as the name brands but its very much good enough.
I’ve had my C9 shorts for years and they’re like brand new. They’re $15 a pair. I use a Nike running singlet, black Swiftwicks and black On shoes.

I agree

I wear C9 shorts exclusively, whatever short black sox I can find, and usually a tech race shirt, which, in the weight room at the gym, may as well be an Invisibility Cloak

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited about Wyn Republics running gear coming out sometime this year. Roka is due for a 2018 apparel launch so I'll definitely be buying their gear too. Castelli was supposed to release a run shirt but I haven't seen it yet.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVP wrote:
I've tried the Tracksmith and they're visually/nostalgically appealing, but not quite as comfortable as more technical shorts.

Can you tell me more about this? Why were they not as comfortable? Which Tracksmith shorts did you try?

Have you seen Rabbit running gear? https://www.runinrabbit.com/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone like LTP performance running stuff LMAO

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Who makes your favorite running apparel and why?

Target.

Inexpensive and can be run through the washer / dryer. Low maintenance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UnderArmor's compression "heat gear" and "cold gear" tops are some of my most well used pieces of kit. The cold gear tops are the closest I've seen a synthetic come to matching the performance of wool and is my default base layer for rides and runs in temps from 40F down to below zero. The cooling effect of the heat gear is damn impressive, especially if it's pre wetted in dry conditions. Neither of them have ever chafed me, they can go a long time before developing any stink (not as good as wool but better than any other synthetic), and I've got 10ish years on some of their tops and they are still going strong. I don't like much of the other UA gear but I'm a huge fanboy for the the compression tops and probably have worn them more days than not in the last several years.

Not strictly apparel but the "flip belt" is a great item to have around. You can carry a surprising amount of items in one without it bouncing around, chafing, or really noticing it at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto and Salomon are the two for me. I also have some Craft pieces for winter super cold running in NYC. All three make great stuff, I have never had to use Salomon or Craft's customer service but have had very satisfying dealings with DeSoto. Love that Skin Cooler top and tri bibs.
Last edited by: SlowAmericano: Mar 20, 18 15:31
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
BryanD wrote:
Who makes your favorite running apparel and why?

Target.

Inexpensive and can be run through the washer / dryer. Low maintenance.

Socks - whatever Kohls has on sale

Shorts - whatever fits me in the sale bin at the running store's "time to get rid of the summer gear" sale in the fall.

Shirt - whatever technical running T that is laying around from a recent race. The cotton shirts go to Goodwill.

Hat - same as the shirt.

Winter - only change is the shirt. I use a Craft wind proof top. Same hat, shorts, and socks as long as the temp is above 15 f.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a couple pair of adidas gym shorts (probably 6 or 7" inseam?) that I've been using for years. If it's too hot for those (which it never is around here) then I have some split leg Nike's that get pulled out. for tops, I buy whatever is on sale that is as close to "plain black" with sleeves as I can find. currently that's a reebok and an adidas, and ever so often those are both in the wash so its the race T from 70.3 Newfoundland (2007) If it's cold, I have a couple of long sleeve tops and some long running pants, no idea who makes them but I hate the way they fit.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is roadrunner shorts... They have one pair of rgear shorts with like 6 pockets and can fit a galaxy s7 in the back so it's balanced
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
HVP wrote:
I've tried the Tracksmith and they're visually/nostalgically appealing, but not quite as comfortable as more technical shorts.

Can you tell me more about this? Why were they not as comfortable? Which Tracksmith shorts did you try?

Have you seen Rabbit running gear? https://www.runinrabbit.com/

Sorry for late reply - I just saw this. It's not always easy to pinpoint comfort preferences, but mostly comes down to fit and seams. I have the Longfellow shorts. They are actually a very cool idea and are quite different from other shorts. You could run to your kids soccer game and not change and nobody would know you were wearing running shorts. And they're more comfortable than you would think. But the thicker fabric and more narrow leg make them just a hair less comfortable over the long haul. And the stretchy fabric does tend to accentuate your wedding tackle.

I also have the Run Cannonball Run shorts. I run to the beach a fair amount. They're fine, but not nearly as nice as the DeSoto shorts which are way better for that purpose (run/swim/lounge) even if they're not marketed as such.

I haven't seen Rabbit gear, but will give them a look/try. Are you somehow affiliated with them?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite running apparel? [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not affiliated with Rabbit or Tracksmith.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM finisher tech t's and ASICS shorts work for me. ;)
I am particular to Belega or Wigwam socks.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
soffee short shorts aka ranger panties - super soft
baleaf shirts - also pretty soft, but perhaps aren't as breezy as some other brands

both cost between $10-15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craft. Hands down.

Nike is good. Especially bottoms.

I have a couple of "Better than Naked" Northface items that are pretty good. Not sure if they still make this line though.

I consider myself an apparel snob.

Brian

Quote Reply

Prev Next