Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michigan's buzzer beater
Quote | Reply
College basketball is crazy fun sometimes.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Michigan's buzzer beater [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Didn't watch the game, despite being a Michigan alum and my wife a graduate of UH. Even though I am a Wolverine, I am a bit bummed to hear the Cougars lost on a last second shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

If Virginia's ouster from this tournament by UMBC was historic this one was an all-tournament moment and what makes men's college basketball crazy fun during March Madness. Hell of a three-pointer by a 19-year-old freshman who was begging for the ball for the final, last-second (literally) shot from beyond the three-point line.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Michigan's buzzer beater [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

I watched the shot by Jordan Poole, a 19-year-old freshman, this morning. Unbelievable. And he was way beyond the three-point line. All net, too. That's going to be a classic March Madness moment for years to come. Michigan works on running that play in such situations. They call it "Indiana." Hahahahaha!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathetic coaching/ defense by Houston. No pressure on any pass.

At least try to make it difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: Michigan's buzzer beater [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Pathetic coaching/ defense by Houston. No pressure on any pass.

At least try to make it difficult.

They couldn't go to a press, which would have gotten broken for an easy two, and they didn't want to foul a shooter and put him the line for two, where Michigan had done well the last couple times going up there. They were more afraid of Abdur-Rahkman and his ability than they were Poole, who hadn't taken a shot all second half. Plus, they'd kept Abdur-Rahkman and Poole well off the three-point line and had a backdoor-two play covered. You can't cover everything and Poole hit a miracle fall-away three in the face of Davis who did everything right in getting high hands up without fouling Poole and possibly putting him on the line.

Quote Reply