Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Methinks Bennett will be looking for a job soon.

Quote:
The count is now three No. 1 seeds under Bennett – 2014, 2016 and 2018 – that didn’t reach the tournament’s final weekend.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:
That was something to see! Anyone pick that on their bracket?

Yes I did!
My wife did, too. Her aunt graduated there (the first graduating class, and she played college b-ball). We used to live about a mile from there (we called it "The University of Arbutus" LOL). My daughter had a swim meet there last weekend and there was a little buzz about the tournament (they had, after all, knocked off Vermont after losing to them 23 straight times - and they also lost to effing Albany by like 45 points this year...), but I can't imagine what it's like now.

Probably the biggest upset in college basketball history. Virginia was also the victim of the 2nd greatest LOL.

Go Chesapeake Bay Retrievers!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Wisconsin

ah. brain fade. i'm in michigan right now, thought i'd see if there was an opportunity to shake a hand. thx.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
next time you road show thru Emerys in Milwaukee we will both shake ya
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Retrievers are golden!
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
next time you road show thru Emerys in Milwaukee we will both shake ya

would be my honor and pleasure.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
digression: i thought you lived in michigan. but it seems that's not so. is that not so?

God’s Country - Wisconsin.

BK is in Michigan. It’s ok, we all look alike ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:
digression: i thought you lived in michigan. but it seems that's not so. is that not so?

Cool. I’ll stalk him then 🌝

Actually, I kinda wanted to see you at the range. I think that’s a sometime Saturday thing with you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Women’s. Don’t care.

Second that. Is there even a WNBA anymore?

They play something that maybe resembles basketball, I guess. Smaller ball, and the top women's team would get smoked by a good boy's high school basketball team. Or a team put together at the last second from several early-exit Gus Macker guys. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Cool. I’ll stalk him then 🌝

Actually, I kinda wanted to see you at the range. I think that’s a sometime Saturday thing with you.

That would have been a good time! Yep, I am pretty good at hitting the range every other weekend.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:

not all of us are man enough to wear jeggings tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:

not all of us are man enough to wear jeggings tho.

Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Women’s. Don’t care.

Second that. Is there even a WNBA anymore?

They play something that maybe resembles basketball, I guess. Smaller ball, and the top women's team would get smoked by a good boy's high school basketball team. Or a team put together at the last second from several early-exit Gus Macker guys. ;-)
Apparently the women's CT vs. St Francis game was significant (margin of victory? (140-52)) I didn't read the article that was talking about the game. From what I know (and it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong), women's NCAA basketball doesn't have a lot of depth of talent. Tough to get interested in it.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=womens+ncaa+basketball+bracket&mkt=en-us&setlang=en&form=MSN143

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s tough to get interested in women’s sports in general.

I watched some of the women’s Olympic hockey. Holy shit, were they terrible. You can’t watch the best men in the world and then think that women’s hockey is watchable. Or at least I can’t

Maybe it’s womens team sports. Individual sports tend to be a little better.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I watched some of the women’s Olympic hockey. Holy shit, were they terrible. You can’t watch the best men in the world and then think that women’s hockey is watchable. Or at least I can’t

I can agree with the individual-type sports (tennis, swimming, downhill skiing, etc.) thing a little more. I think maybe the individual sports competition aspect allows us to focus more on the accomplishment and athleticism of that person rather than consciously comparing the achievements of a top male team versus a top female team. Usually because there's simply no comparison.

That would be especially acute in something like hockey or soccer (football) or basketball or American football or baseball (if women played "hardball" in any appreciable numbers).

Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: I hate to potentially jinx them but the overall #1 seed is in serious trouble against a #16 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I can agree with the individual-type sports (tennis, swimming, downhill skiing, etc.) thing a little more. I think maybe the individual sports competition aspect allows us to focus more on the accomplishment and athleticism of that person rather than consciously comparing the achievements of a top male team versus a top female team. Usually because there's simply no comparison.

That would be especially acute in something like hockey or soccer (football) or basketball or American football or baseball (if women played "hardball" in any appreciable numbers).

This thread needs more beach volleyball.

Women's beach volleyball all the way! :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next