Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Direto elite isn't being controlled by software
Quote | Reply
Or my elite dorito, rather. Same as title. Anyone else running into this problem? It's transmitting just fine but it is always on a manual erg mode.

Elite --will not adjust the trainers resistance. Completely speed based, faster is more resistance

Perfpro -- direto adjusts very poorly. Popping up a gear (speed, constant cadence) will increase resistance and adjust marginally down. Might be acceleration and with no acceleration it holds a higher resisfance. Slowing the speed down, it will adjust upwards but stay very jumpy

In either case it seems to have a hard time broadcasting a smooth power curve. Even with smoothing.

Last edited by: odpaul7: Mar 16, 18 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Direto elite isn't being controlled by software [odpaul7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It also doesn't seem possible to calibrate through perfpro. I held a broadcasted 300 watts for 5 minutes at 140 heartrate which I know is well outside my fitness level, so I'm questioning it's accuracy.

I do not have a power meter anymore, though, so nothing to measure against

Last edited by: odpaul7: Mar 16, 18 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine reads a tad lower than my Assioma pedals but within the margin error and trainer road never has an issue controlling it.
Quote Reply
Re: Direto elite isn't being controlled by software [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldnt mind it reading off as long as it's consistent. Because a PM could be the one that's reading high :p

My issue is that neither the out of the box application nor perf seem able to control it consistently. I don't want to start the TR trial subscription yet

Is it showing as paired? are you using Ant or BT? and laptop or mobile? Is the power showing, and just not controlling the resistance?

I played with every platform and device and didn't notice this, so I'm assuming it's a connection issue, user issue (apologize if wrong), or the actual device.

They were still playing with software's for spindowns within programs when I tested it, so I can see that issue being accurate until they have it set up with all the platforms.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Direto elite isn't being controlled by software [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem at all. I imagine that it is user error because nobody had mentioned this in any review. Trying to peg if I did something wrong

I'd make sure it is being paired as a smart trainer, and not just as a power meter. Use the FE-C protocol if possible in Ant...This is more often than not the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Direto elite isn't being controlled by software [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I made sure the assignment was ANT, Perfpro recognizes it as a smart trainer but resistance is still speed based. Same thing with elite software, it's not controlling the trainer. This is all from my laptop, I'm using a Garmin USB dongle for ANT broadcasting. Perfpro says smart trainers (FEC) on the top of the window, with the appropriate

I've assigned the power meter to both myself and to the trainer. No difference.

When I pedal in the small chainring the resistance adjusts in Perfpro but not elite. I think I'm gonna return the unit and just get a kickr

Last edited by: odpaul7: Mar 18, 18 6:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple trouble shooting ideas:

1. Make sure firmware is up to date in the trainer
2. Remove the sensor from all your connected devices and unplug
3. Reconnect on smart trainer (no power meter functions) to a single platform and see how that goes.

You can't go wrong with Kickr. It is one of my favorites on the market as it just works.
Quote Reply