Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's your Friday Holy Sh** Video- Out of control chailift. Backwards [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
So the system has 3 redundant back ups against failure and still broke.

So many things IMO could have happened, for example you get slack over time in the haul rope. this is adjusted via counter weight or hydraulic ram at the return station.

If you don't you get roll back and (this is a really bad no-no) you could jumper out roll back, instead of re-splicing the haul rope, adjusting counter weight or adding weight (read more chairs). read jumpering instead of fixing the problem.

Any ways IMO multiple maintenance failures in several independent systems (drive, gear box, power systems, braking systems, back up battery systems, hydraulics, multiply redundant safety systems etc...)

2c,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Here's your Friday Holy Sh** Video- Out of control chailift. Backwards [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Pretty certain thats not how the Austrians would have installed it (I.e. in a way all three would fail)

From my experience, dopplemyer (and poma) is the gold standard vs say YAN, now out of business which killed 4 people in 1996 (whistler), that was an engineering failure, I would guess this wasn't...based on what I am seeing.

Side note, some lifts are bought used from one ski hill and installed on another, for example White Water in Nelson has the old fixed grip double (red chair) from Whistler.

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next