Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 9 guns at work I use most days. In fact, it would be near impossible to do my job without them....

....they're pneumatic nail guns, but, still count, right?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [tx2uttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tx2uttri wrote:
I am a public high school teacher and carry daily. Our state law states that as long as you have a concealed carry permit, you are allowed to carry in public buildings...even in a school. District policy is that it has to be on your person, not in a desk or cabinet.

How much public angst, and teacher screwups have there been, say in the last decade, with the policy that allows teachers to carry in the school?

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in a hospital, no guns on person or in the parking lot.

We do have armed security because of gang retaliation.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I have 9 guns at work I use most days. In fact, it would be near impossible to do my job without them....

Did you forget your screw guns?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much public angst, and teacher screwups have there been, say in the last decade, with the policy that allows teachers to carry in the school? //

Past decade, how about past two days???

https://www.cnn.com/...fires-gun/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
How much public angst, and teacher screwups have there been, say in the last decade, with the policy that allows teachers to carry in the school? //

Past decade, how about past two days???

https://www.cnn.com/...fires-gun/index.html

Police officers, like the reservist in the above incident, have a checkered history when conducting impromptu gun safety lessons. I'm not attempting to make a point for/against teachers and concealed carry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No guns allowed, not even in the parking lot.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [tx2uttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tx2uttri wrote:
I am a public high school teacher and carry daily. Our state law states that as long as you have a concealed carry permit, you are allowed to carry in public buildings...even in a school. District policy is that it has to be on your person, not in a desk or cabinet.
Two serious questions.

How do you dress for school? I'm a public school teacher, and these days none of us (men or women) wear clothes to school that would allow anything but maybe the smallest handgun to be concealed.

Does anyone (district superintendent, principal, local law enforcement, etc.) know that you carry daily while you're in school? Many (most?) of the students and parents I deal with would have some issues with this.

Thanks.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in a couple of different schools, so no guns allowed.. period. I am probably the only one in these buildings with the training to possibly stop an armed intruder, but if I get caught with a gun on campus, it is a minimum of 2 (and up to 5) years in prison. So they aren't getting that option from meeee.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
What about private guns?

Genuine question because my dad was an FBI agent and he always had 2-3 private holdout pieces (I'm barely exaggerating) which I'm pretty sure he brought into the office.

Only issued weapons or personal weapons on the approved list, which is a very short list of Glock variants like a Glock 27 for example.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: What's your workplace policy on guns? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Half the people in my office are armed.

Ha! I actually would have thought that percentage would be higher.

Maybe they are, and maybe they're not. You guess which ones are not

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

So, more of a close in fighter I take it.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in an industrial facility where we come through metal detectors every day before being admitted to our work station. No guns are allowed beyond that point or on the property, unless you count the armed guards that patrol 24 hours a day.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you bring them to work, don't kill anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Lol! Wasn’t gonna post until I read yours , hell I have a gun in my hand every minute of every day wile at work.
A pressure washing gun. A big one too. With the right tip I can saw someone in half pretty quick.
That being said , I do work some commercial jobs over night and have been assaulted a half dozen times in the past few years . I’m thinking of getting my ccp and packing heat at least for those jobs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next