Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift super glitchy last couple of days...
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have the problem of Zwift freezing multiple times (like 10-15 times during a 30 minute ride)? The last two days Zwift will suddenly freeze for a second or two (although twice it froze for around 5 seconds, which seemed like an eternity), and then unfreeze. My internet seems to be working fine, and I’ve been using the same computer for 2.5 months with Zwift with nary a bobble until yesterday, so I was just curious if anyone else was seeing the same thing, or if it was just me.

Also, for you Elite Direto users out there, I learned yesterday that if you calibrate the power using the Elite app in the middle of a Zwift session, the trainer won’t respond to Zwift resistance changes after that (ie, it won’t get harder going up a hill).

Quote | Reply
I have been on every day this week and haven't had an issue.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks in races this week have been commenting zwift isn't showing the riders names, w/kg etc... on the right hand side. That seems to be a glitch but maybe not related to yours.

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [maukiwauw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had that problem. After 10 days of trying to get help from customer service I cancelled my zwift account. It started after my app was forced to update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problems at all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 'Zwift experience' is all local processing, so if your Internet drops for whatever reason you'll still be riding along at your normal frame rate (maybe higher if all the other riders disappear). In earlier beta days issues like you mention (local hangs/stutters) were resolved with a uninstall and full re-install. Possible root cause being fragmented files on HDD and slow access time.... if you're on a sold state drive machine, this isn't the issue. Zwift will also push a lot of systems pretty hard in terms of graphics processing, so make sure the system is ventilated/not overheating. Other standard debug - Update Windows, update your graphics drivers, make sure there's not a ton of other junk running at the same time.

Direto - Yep. You'll need to flick Zwift into what I call 'passive mode' where it isn't sending controllable commands to the trainer before you do the spindown. Once done, it should be right to re-pair the controllable trainer and ride on. The Direto only needs a spindown once every month or so, maybe even less. Wheel-on trainers are where the variables change (a lot!) and a spin-down is recommended before every session if you're using the trainer as your power source.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your device was busy doing something else while Zwift was running. Kill background tasks before launching Zwift.

I use Zwift on a Windows computer and no 1 reason for stuttering is Windows installing updates.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good info, thanks. I restarted my computer (Windows PC) and installed updates, so we'll see what happens this afternoon. I also wonder if I jacked up the calibration by having it connected to Zwift when I did it. I'm going to redo that again as well.

Quote | Reply
Is the frame rate dropping as well, or is it smoothly operating and then suddenly freezing? I've had issues where my video card drivers get corrupted during Windows updates and it switches back to my motherboard GPU. Zwift is then understandably significantly slower (as my onboard GPU is pretty bad, like most onboard GPUs).
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smoothly operating and then freezing. I assumed that it was Zwift since it had worked perfectly initially for months on this computer, but given that it's locally processed, it must be my set up. I've used Zwift with my iPad as well, and it worked fine on that, so can always use that as a backup.

Quote | Reply
I've had my last two workouts terminate early (within last 10 minutes) and kick me out to my AppleTV homescreen. I've had to re-launch Zwift, resume the workout but it began at the start of the intervals not where it kicked me out. It did however keep the duration, distance covered, etc.

This began for me on Tuesday, The day before the new Companion launch

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Restarted my computer and installed updates, and yesterday Zwift ran flawlessly.

Quote | Reply
Tried to do a Fondo this morning. Beyond glitchy. I’ve be canceled my Zwift account. Why pay a premium price for a sub par product. Seriously, what are they doing with that extra $5 per month they are charging us.

Don’t forget they had a 50% price increase recently. What company does this and then provides worse service, and then stays in business?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [James] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, frozen login, slow to start...I messaged them via fb and they said they had some server issues. If your business relies on server power how the hell do you allow issues to arise? Back that shit up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was for sure an issue this morning. No names for riders, everyone in the same jersey, and other UI stuff. The app froze on me, I had to close it after a few min of a frozen screen. It re-opened and continued my ride. Part way through my ride, everything switched back to normal (i.e. people had their selected jerseys and names). Looking at their twitter account, they acknowledged a server issue that has since been resolved. Things happen and it seems like they were on it pretty quick.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Same here, frozen login, slow to start...I messaged them via fb and they said they had some server issues. If your business relies on server power how the hell do you allow issues to arise? Back that shit up!
I was on this morning, where none of the other riders had a name or jersey. Initially I got a message saying "no road available, try again later" but got on after a restart. Things resolved themselves by about 11:30 MDT...

"back that shit up" probably doesn't apply when you run a realtime interactive app with 4500 participants, compared to a transaction type database. I was impressed that they were actually able to bring things back to life in real time, while me and nearly 5000 of my closest friends were using their system, with few if any apparent glitches.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift super glitchy last couple of days... [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a problem this morning also-was like it was in ERG mode and the resistance didnt change when going up and down hills etc
Quote Reply