Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jeff Sessions May Fire Andy McCabe (FBI) ... Days Before He Qualifies for His Retirement
Quote | Reply
Andrew McCabe is the deputy director of the FBI who went on terminal leave several weeks ago (in government, terminal leave is a way to leave without legally leaving... you go home and burn up your accrued leave time and then retire or leave service once it's all used up). McCabe is scheduled to officially retire this coming Sunday. But he might not make it to that critical juncture, as it turns out.

According to reports, McCabe (who went on terminal leave after FBI Director Christopher Wray saw something concerning in the upcoming Inspector General report) may be fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions before his retirement is legally cemented on Sunday this week. Apparently, the IG found that McCabe demonstrated a "lack of candor" in his answers about whether or not he slow-walked a DOJ investigation of the Clinton Foundation, a story that appeared in the press shortly before the election.

In addition, the FBI's Office of Personal Responsibility (OPR) has recommended McCabe be fired due to that same lack of candor, which is typically punished with termination. It's worth noting, though, that no FBI deputy director has ever been fired before. Sessions may also not want to deal McCabe the ultimate sanction for his activities, given his 21 years of service and so forth.

I can pretty much guess with 100% accuracy which direction Donny Two Scoops would like Sessions to go, can you? ;-)

Edited to add: My wife, who is a longtime federal civil servant/sand crab, tells me that retirement benefits are calculated pro rata, so even if, hypothetically, McCabe were retroactively fired as of the day of his leave (which he probably could not be), it would probably make a difference of between 100% of retirement benefits and 99.8% of retirement benefits.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Mar 15, 18 4:50
Quote Reply