Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what does this have to do with the gear? Make a thread about Beth if you want but I'm interested in the gear.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by zedzded [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: zedzded: Mar 15, 18 19:44
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

I don't want this thread to turn into a Beth Mckenzie slagfest, but it's pretty naive of you to to expect no-one to mention her and her ban. She's currently serving a 2 year ban for doping and has in the interim created a triathlon clothing company and you want people to blindly ignore this? What if Lance Armstrong or Marion Bailey or any other doper did the same, I'm sure you'd be all over them like a rash. It may have been pertinent for her to have been left off the website at least till her ban has been served. I don't have a problem with buying any of their kit simply because her name is attached, but I am going to discuss her circumstances. And note, I wasn't the one that initially mentioned her doping ban.

I'm not naive, I simply don't care. No one knows if she intentionally doped. I'm not going to criticize her. I'm very interested in their company and wish them success. I like their gear.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 15, 18 19:47
Quote Reply
Post deleted by zedzded [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their designs are awesome and something triathlon needs. We need a bit more style!

Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Do you not want to buy Trek because of Lance?

I think that is a little different situation given that Lance doesn't own Trek. Regardless, it was news to me that she was planning on coming back... I also thought based on her previous comments that she would done. Beth has always been kind to me but what I want to really see is someone go after a company for tainted supplements and then NOT seal the lawsuit. I know this is traditionally how the legal system works and I don't blame Beth or other athletes, but I am wanting for someone to stand up, fight back, and change things for the future. No more cover-ups. Settlements come with public disclosure of those settlements and their terms.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have no idea what Beth's suspension has to do with if her company makes good kit. And why she can't race as an amateur once her ban is lifted.

If Wyn Republic delivers their kit in a timely manner and it's good quality that is all that matters.

As long she isn't Lance and ruining others lives it doesn't matter, she screwed herself and that's it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I still have no idea what Beth's suspension has to do with if her company makes good kit. And why she can't race as an amateur once her ban is lifted.

If Wyn Republic delivers their kit in a timely manner and it's good quality that is all that matters.

As long she isn't Lance and ruining others lives it doesn't matter, she screwed herself and that's it.

Where did you read she can't race as an amateur? As far as I know she's still racing pro, until she relinquishes her pro license she can't race amateur.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I get this 15% coupon code?

I saw their stuff in Kona last year. Looked really nice.
Last edited by: craigj532: Mar 16, 18 2:03
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily. She could still have her pro card. USAT rules requires you to have finished within 8% of the overall winners time (at a race with like a 20k prize purse) within the last 3 years. So she likely has a race before her ban that would satisfy this. Though you are required to renew your pro license every year. Not sure how that works when you are banned.

I would be surprised if she was racing amateur. My bet would be that she’s racing pro.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you go on their website it offers it to new customers for their first order.

Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
I'm not sure I completely understand the "detached two piece construction (joined in the back)" deal, though.

Basically, the top can completely unzip, but it's still connected to the bottom just behind the hips I believe.

Makes it easy for bathrooms breaks if needed. You wouldn't have to take the top down off your shoulders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna have to say these are ugly. I want to look like I'm doing a triathlon not going to a hipster convention. BTW, do they come with over sized trucker hats too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

What if Lance Armstrong or Marion Bailey or any other doper did the same, I'm sure you'd be all over them like a rash.

Wedu Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, and Castelli, LG, brands offer quality. Wynn is a new company and their materials/quality is a joke! Oh - and it's ugly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next