Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do you swim if you wear glasses? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In most triathlons you can leave prescription glasses to a special table at the exit of water. Or ask an official where to leave them. The rules allow for such things.

I'd like to add that the Speedo Vanquish are not very comfortable. Tyr prescription goggles are more comfortable. Leader makes some that are even more comfortable but I cannot find them anymore. Hopefully Magic5 hops in the prescription bandwagon.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you swim if you wear glasses? [mambwe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I‘m at -5 on both eyes and most of the time swim just with regular goggles if the pool isn’t crowded. Use my watch.
Since I have a good orientation I swam in our lake same way. 4 bouys on the 1000m triangle worked for me.
But I don’t recognize my buddy close by, just see Somebody haha.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: How do you swim if you wear glasses? [TheArchitect] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will definitely check in with organizers re leaving prescription glasses.

Hoping Magic5 gets in the game too; tried their goggles last week and was very impressed! Still won't supplant my trusty old swedes for training in the pool tho ;)

Semi-pro halfer...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mambwe wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I am now going through an eye issue that will stop me from wearing contact lenses and force me into glasses. I am also pretty blind on top of everything. Do they make prescription goggles? I guess lap swimming I can deal with not seeing, but what about open water?

I guess sunglasses are out of the question, too. Shit...this is depressing.

I felt the same always unable to the surrounding as clearly as i would like too. I knew contact lenses are a lot of work so i just went with hazy vision which made my swimming experience less fun. So, naturally i started searching like you and got to know that there are prescription swimming goggles which can be made to my accurate prescription. Like +4.00 that was a happy realisation. It made swimming so much fun as i didn't have to second guess steps and be indoor now i can swim in open sea without being scared of getting lost or worse not seeing what is coming.

I got mine from GogglesNmore site as i got my definite RX and my favorite light bluish tint.
You can check google and i am sure find a prescription swim glasses based on your requirement. :)
Quote Reply
Re: How do you swim if you wear glasses? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
forgot to mention, I got my sunglasses from sportrx.com. I actually spoke with an optometrist that understood an aerobar position on the bike. Was a great experience. Not the cheapest, but really knowledgeable and helpful people.

What model did you get? I’ve wanted a pair without frames for aero bar riding ... have the additional complication of a small head.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: How do you swim if you wear glasses? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Speedo makes them. I had a pair back in the day. But I typically just use my contacts when working out/competing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear glasses and didn’t use Px goggles when I used to swim. I could sight well enough OW and just used my watch in the pool where I couldn’t see the clock on the wall. I still ride with Px sunglasses.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next