Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World Cup Race Broadcasts?
Quote | Reply
I have a Triathlon Live pass and it does allow me to see the major WTS race events but I'm curious if there are any broadcasters who do the World Cup events. ITU Youtube channel often has a race re-cap so I'm lead to believe there is coverage somewhere. I love watching these races in their entirety while on the trainer and wouldn't mind seeing events like Maloolooba, Cape Town, New Plymouth etc ... Perhaps the sport is too small to cover the second tier races?

World Cup Calendar
10-11 February - Cape Town, South Africa
10-11 March – Mooloolaba, Australia
24-25 March - New Plymouth, New Zealand
14-15 April - New Orleans, USA
5-6 May – Chengdu, China
19-20 May – Astana, Kazakhstan
2-3 June – Cagliari, Italy
9-10 June – Huatulco, Mexico
16-17 June – Antwerpen, Belgium
7-8 July – Tiszaujvaros, Hungary
18-19 August – Lausanne, Switzerland
1-2 September - Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
22-23 September – Weihai, China
29-30 September – Madrid, Spain
13-14 October – Sarasota, USA
20-21 October – Salinas, Equador
27-28 October – Tongyeong, South Korea
3-4 November – Miyazaki, Japan

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup Race Broadcasts? [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the triathlon.org/live page during each event. Then if local tv is picking it up, you may get live video. That's how I watched Moo last Friday night in the U.S. So that's not under the normal login tv feed, but triathlon.org's actual "live" stat page. I dont think it's many but the coverage was decent for non-paying. Showed about 40% of the race, I think it had 2 stationary cameras on course. It was good enough that you saw the groups go out and then 3 mins later you saw them come back. Most of the run was on the free video feed.

Again that isnt from the ITU TV page but from their live stats page. It's likely up to each federation/race to determine if any local tv feed will do it. Like the sarasota race, I dont there there will be live video. But of course all the WC's have a "race recap" a day later.

https://www.triathlon.org/live

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 14, 18 8:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Orleans has a WC?! Very cool. When was the last time we had a World Cup here?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: World Cup Race Broadcasts? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it's already been cancelled.

US held a world cup last sept in Sarasota....it's hosting same event in Oct. Last year due to the hurricane it was a duathlon unfortunately....hottest racing conditions i've ever seen and I've been to a few hot places/races on the circuit before....maybe Hutalco as only hotter race.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do much delayed summary shows on the TriathlonLive channel for the World Cups (usually combining a number of them a month after the fact, and package it a bit like the magazine shows they do for the WTS)...

The Aussie races you can see almost in their entirety live on Instagram, because tri australia has been Insta Live streaming most of their domestic events all season (at least big portions of them anyways).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.triathlon.org/live

I'm watching the junior men's race at New Plymouth with a few different standalone camera angles, so it looks to be like the women's and men's race will be broadcast free on the live link tonight for US people (Sunday for Kiwis').

US timezone EST starts:

Women- 7pm
Men- 9pm

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 24, 18 14:42
Quote Reply