Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gifts for new Dads...
Quote | Reply
My buddy just became a father with his first child, a girl. Any suggestions for good gifts for a new Dad that he might not already have gotten in one of the half dozen baby showers his wife went to?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Gifts for new Dads... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My buddy just became a father with his first child, a girl. Any suggestions for good gifts for a new Dad that he might not already have gotten in one of the half dozen baby showers his wife went to?

Congratulations..

1) A set of Bose 'Noise Canceling' Headphones for when it's his turn to get some shut-eye 2) Set-up a 529 account and subsequent first deposit 3) One RT ticket for his Mom to come out and take his place while you and he go out and do something 4) You and he get a pair of season tix to the sport of his choice 5) One year subscription to satellite radio + hardware 6) You pay the diaper cleaning bill for a year 7) You pay entry fees to the IMxx of his choice 8) Tix to NCAA tournament 9) Panasonic LCD [you choose size] 10) A trip to the Detroit - North American International Auto Show 14-22 Jan 06 11) An Oris Williams F1 Chronograph PVD Black 11) A new Chris King Headset (his choice of colors) 12) A Sage 3wt with Lamson Litespeed 2 reel. Instead of plink, you'll hear zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 13) Be a fighter pilot for a day - see www.aircombatusa.com 14) Kayak with Orcas along British Columbia's Inside passage coastline 15) Take a motorcycle tour through Utah 16) A case of Macallan (yes, a case).

Cheers,

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Gifts for new Dads... [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude,

I want to be your friend. Great freaking list. I'll take #4, #8, #11(the second one, yes there were 2), and a #13. Thanks bro!
Quote Reply
Re: Gifts for new Dads... [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice ideas, but keep in mind we're working on a LTs salary here and we're both due to deploy early next year so expensive stuff or things like season tickets would go to waste. One thing I did find is that you can get a personalized letter of congratulations from the President (if you are a fan of the current President). I guess you send in the recipients info, and they draft up a letter for the autopen offering congrats on the birth.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LT..

You didn't tell me that. I had no idea. I didn't know you wore 'green' or 'blue' (The mighty 'Chair Force' - my guys). Try this: Digital camera memory sticks for the thousands of pics you're going to send back while on deployment. If you're going to carry a [insert your favorite weapon of choice here], you'll definitely have to know how to keep that baby clean. Consider a box of condoms for special use during the dreaded sand-storms. Of course, if you've deployed before, you may already know this. One item you'll definitely desire: DVDs.

If you're deploying together, don't forget - somewhere around the 9 month mark (??) you get the R&R tour? How about you and he get a couple tix to the resort of choice?

PM me an address and I'll add you to my squadron's 'deployment roster/care package' list. We do a once a month shipment to SWA, can do USN or my Beloved ARMY too.

Cheers,

-kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 10 mo old daughter, and the gifts I have liked the best are the Patriots Cheerleader outfit, the "Daddy Drinks because I cry", "If you think I'm cute you should see my Daddy" and "I watch ESPN with my Daddy" onesies, and the Curt Schilling uniform.

Seems you get a lot of pink outfits at showers and not much else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would about do it for me. For what its worth, the best gift I actually got was a stack of gift cards to restaraunts with drive throughs or curb side take away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple of things I can think of...
  • Order a nice meal take out and personally deliver it to the family.
  • Starbucks gift card (he will need the caffiene)
  • Books for them to read to the new one are always good
  • Baby Einstein DVD

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time, sleep, and a big gun or sharp knife for use in about 14 years' time.
Quote Reply