Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp evo extensions and Di2
Quote | Reply
I notice the carbon extensions have a more unusual shape at the ends of the poles. I realize this is probably for ergonomics. And that they are probably made for etap ends, but do they work with the di2 tt shifters too?

Does anyone have pictures?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp evo extensions and Di2 [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They will fit Di2, eTap, or mechanical.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp evo extensions and Di2 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you there. But I am just wondering what the grip looks like that way. Or if it just continues on from the poles, instead of just stopping like a etap clic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were originally designed around Di2. Notice the wire hole is below where the shifters are. eTap clics have wires that are behind the shifters so the wire hole is pointless. Same with mechanical. Di2 TT shifters have the offsetting wire that doesn't come directly from behind the shifter.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Mar 12, 18 4:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto BrianD. They are optimized for mechanical and old Di2, but they will fit anything.

Profile's carbon extensions have the same design and shape. They feel great; I love them. They were designed for any shifter that has its wire exit external of the extension, so both mechanical and old Di2. New Di2 and eTap both have their wires exit internally within the extension, so that extra entry point is unused. I had mechanical with my Profile T1 Carbon bars, and I loved it. I have new Di2 that does not need that entry port. I still like the shape, however.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Mar 12, 18 4:58
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp evo extensions and Di2 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just found these. Get them to adapt from mechanical & old DA to new DA & eTap. I will be ordering a set for my Profile bars. As far as I can tell so far, I do not think profile offers anything similar.

https://www.amazon.com/...Clics/dp/B06VTBPVF4/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp evo extensions and Di2 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I just found these. Get them to adapt from mechanical & old DA to new DA & eTap. I will be ordering a set for my Profile bars. As far as I can tell so far, I do not think profile offers anything similar.

https://www.amazon.com/...Clics/dp/B06VTBPVF4/

Thanks for this. I hate having the holes exposed due to some irrational fear water is going to get in there and mess something up.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp evo extensions and Di2 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spoke with a dude at Profile who told me that they do not have a comparable part. Furthermore, he told me that they are abandoning that elongated shape in their carbon extensions. So, I ordered a set of the Zipp elongated extension caps and hope that they will fit my Profile bars. (I love that elongated shape, so it is a bummer they are abandoning.)
Quote Reply