Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spend my money
Quote | Reply
Looking for a bike for triathlons and local TT's, so would ideally like it UCI legal. New or used suggestions are fine. Distances 15-30 miles, no plans for half/IM at present. Have nice rd/mtn bikes. Prob 4-8 races/yr.
Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2 or Felt IA

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt IA isn’t UCI legal though.

That said, a lot of local TTs don’t enforce UCI rules. Ask the TT community about that.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops!

Cervelo P2 then

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek Speed Concept 7 series. UCI Legal, very fast, great integrated cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Budget? Here are the top three UCI legal bikes* in descending order of performance & cost:
  1. Cervelo P5-Three
  2. Trek Speed Concept
  3. Cervelo P2

* I think. I have not searched these data in a while. Maybe Canyon, BMC, or Argon 18 should be in the mix.
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Budget ideally 4K or less-Sorry my first post evaporated into cyberspace and when I rewrote it I forgot that crucial detail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed concept 2018, uci legal, ultegra r8000, ok wheels. $3,999.00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above. At $4K, a Speed Concept is almost a no-brainer. You might be able to get a P2 as fast as a SC for $4K, but it would take a new fork, a new cockpit, and aero brakes. And, the P2, would still have 105 components. The wild card is the Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0, if available. For the same cash as the SC, you get aero wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Orbea Ordu M20 Team is 4k, and UCI legal. They also don't charge extra if you want the custom paint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Used P2 for ~ $1,500
-buy used upgraded cockpit-maybe net cost of $250
-Flo 60/90 plus cover-Can find used for $800 or less
-single-sided P1 pedals-maybe $480 on sale at competitive cyclist today
-Castelli San Remo Short Sleeve -can find coupl year old on for $125-$150
-Giro Aerohead-$200
Should be able to do the above for ~$3,500 (could maybe upgrade P2 with any extra money or buy Tririg Omega X)
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
-Used P2 for ~ $1,500
-buy used upgraded cockpit-maybe net cost of $250
-Flo 60/90 plus cover-Can find used for $800 or less
-single-sided P1 pedals-maybe $480 on sale at competitive cyclist today
-Castelli San Remo Short Sleeve -can find coupl year old on for $125-$150
-Giro Aerohead-$200
Should be able to do the above for ~$3,500 (could maybe upgrade P2 with any extra money or buy Tririg Omega X)

This is a super solid option. I loved my P2.
I now have a SC and love that even more. I would check the classified section for a well cared for one. Use the extra cash savings for a Power meter and wheels.
Either way you go with these two options you aren't going to be disappointed. Good luck with getting a bike and your future races!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used Slice or Trinity in UCI legal form.

The Trinity holds the UCI champions stripes right now.

Saw a used one from 2015 local to me for $1100 the other day. I was tempted. Despite needing a CX bike instead.

Fwiw, USAC will probably follow the rules on that one. Our Charlotte series claims to follow USAC and UCI rules as a local TT.

In general, if doing TT most tips and equipment threads on UK TT forums follow the rules anyway. Just easier to go ahead and follow them.
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
FYI, that championship was on Giant’s Trinity Advanced Pro TT frameset and is different from their pedestrian Advanced bikes. And that frameset is not cheap. The cable routing on the basic bike is horrific. And the cockpits are radically different.
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
Speed concept 2018, uci legal, ultegra r8000, ok wheels. $3,999.00

Ya the 2018 is about perfect. However, you can often times find leftover 2016 and 2017 bikes for 3000$ or less. I think the Trek website is still listing some. Well below your budget and comes with a warranty and sizing options like the stem length and rise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike Fit, then get a used P2 that fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Spend my money [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt B14 may be an option for budget and UCI legal. $2K with Ultegra....I bought a B2 LY with Di2, not the fastest UCI frame but happy with the features of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

FYI, that championship was on Giant’s Trinity Advanced Pro TT frameset and is different from their pedestrian Advanced bikes. And that frameset is not cheap. The cable routing on the basic bike is horrific. And the cockpits are radically different.

The frame of the Pro TT is the same as the Pro Tri which sells complete for great prices. Only the fork and bars are different, and quite possibly the Tri fork and bars are faster (higher-ratio airfoil than UCI regs allow).

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply