Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ski Mountaineering in Norway - Lofoten Skimo
Quote | Reply
Great pics of this over 13,000 feet climbing ski mountaineering event in Norway.

Have you tried Skimo yet?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...oten_Skimo_6760.html

H
Quote Reply
Re: Ski Mountaineering in Norway - Lofoten Skimo [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have tried it and it fuses my two loves.

I grew up as an alpine skier racing and training all through my youth. I spent multiple years on skis.

Later I switched to running and mountain running.

Now I can put everything together ans race skimo events in the winter. It is very hard but also very fun. Nothing like running up a mountain and sucking for oxygen with max heart rate and then crushing the downhill.

And it is also a great sport to get in tons of base hours in the winter in nice scenery.

A beautiful sport.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Ski Mountaineering in Norway - Lofoten Skimo [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaime Brede from Colorado who race Skimo among other things raced in our first SwimRun NC race with her brother-in-law Larry from Tennessee and she crushed it. They grabbed the mixed team title.
Quote Reply
Re: Ski Mountaineering in Norway - Lofoten Skimo [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I jumped into skimo this winter as well, racing the local COSMIC series in Colorado along with Powderkeg/Nationals out at Brighton.

I also grew up ski racing before turning for the backcountry. Brilliant way of getting outdoors, exploring the backcountry, and adventuring all while getting in a monster workout. Looking forward to some big 1-day climbs back in the PNW this summer.

Beginning the transition now from winter skimo fitness into swim, bike and run. We'll see how it goes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice pictures. Pierra Menta starts this week, but I'm not doing it. Still haven't done it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes Skimo is booming. Has an old school MTB race vibe. Suffer on the ups, smash it on the downs. Ive raced a good number and its a great compliment to most summer race endeavors. big engine and high skill.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply