Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hugoagogo wrote:
Here is a link to the data fields that are available on the 520 -- how many will work with your PM is a ??? https://www8.garmin.com/...E9-802451B0604C.html

That's great to see them all listed that way, thank you.

I'd imagine Platform Center Offset data is specific to using the Garmin Vector PM pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the mode switch accomplished by taking the cover off the right sensor and pressing the transmitter button? I have been attempting to change the mode by using the Cyclometer.
Last edited by: thomtwg: Mar 13, 18 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [thomtwg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been a while since I've read the Pioneer documentation but I believe it is in there. I think you need the Pioneer computer to switch modes.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have the Pioneer cyclometer. We might just keep using that. It works well.
Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [thomtwg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you take the batteries out and put them back in what colour is the light and does it flash or is it solid? Try it for both sides as well. That'll tell you if you're in ANT+ mode or Pioneer.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [amos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What color should they be for power meter ANT+?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, forgot to include that part.

Solid green is dual Pioneer mode.
Solid orange is dual Ant+ mode.
Blinking orange is single Ant+ mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [amos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
It’s solid green now and even after pushing the transmitter button, it doesn’t change. I can change it on the Pioneer head unit, and it shows up on the Garmin, but doesn’t transmit any power numbers. I contacted Pioneer and they advise everything should be working, but it’s not. I’ll just use the Pioneer Cyclometer since I can’t seem to get the system dialed in properly. Very frustrating, but it is what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Tips for using the Pioneer Power Meter L/R crankset with Garmin head unit? [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, got my first training ride in today w/power on the bike. Summary screenshot from Garmin Connect is below.

I've been off the bike for most of the past two weeks nursing a calf pull, so didn't go hard by any means, just an average spin turning laps on the TT course. Stopped to raise saddle height (switched to shorter crank arms w/the power meter) and had some slow sections behind traffic, but was otherwise able to keep up some consistent pace much of the time.

The L/R balance is clearly visible using the Garmin, so that was interesting to see. I'm consistently right leg dominant (not surprising with the chronic left knee injury), and at some power output levels, it's quite a bit more than others. Not sure what I can do to counter the imbalance with training, my left knee doesn't really want to let me put much load on it, so I have to keep the muscles strong to avoid putting too much pressure on the joint.

Quote Reply

Prev Next