Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by windschatten
Last edited by: windschatten: Mar 8, 18 23:11
Re: Where is Big Kahuna on this one? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
(QUOTE) Qantas Airlines is facing turbulence after telling its 30,000 employees not to use words such as "husband," "wife," "mum," "dad," and even "guys."
"Husband" and "wife" were banned because they "can reinforce the idea that people are always in heterosexual relationships," the packet sais.

Referring to someone as "abrasive" or "bubbly" was discouraged because the terms are rarely used to describe men. ????

And speaking of men, "mankind" was blacklisted in favor of "humanity." "Guys" suffered the same fate. Staffers were instead told to use "team," "folks," "people," or "you all."

Employees were told to shun the word "settlement" in describing the arrival of the British in the 1700s and instead use "invasion" or "occupation," which more accurately describes the subjugation of Aboriginal people. (QUOTE).

I think this is just a rouse to confuse your staff and keep them from doing other silly things....

I think people have way too much time on their hands nowadays, for one thing (I know I do). Because only a people gone fat and soft would be concentrating on such silliness. We need a good worldwide, existential fight our very survival to knock some of this lunacy out of our addled brains.

Also, my guess is it's to keep airline employees focused on feelings (nothing more than feelings) and not on joining the Mile-High Club, because all this PC nonsense with words would probably splash cold water on any such thoughts of doing so.

Lastly: One thing's for sure: Abe Burrows, Jo Swerling and Frank Loesser would probably be sent to the reeducation camps if they'd created "Guys and Dolls" today. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Big Kahuna on this one? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that’s true then I’m ashamed to be an Aussie. To think we can’t call our buddies a big poof any more.

No real surprises given the CEO. The invasion angle is somewhat ironic given his heritage and that the company he heads brings millions of foreigners to the country.

As for the ‘invasion’. The loudest opponents are those living in the big cities on welfare and enjoying all the trappings of white settlement. Many of them aren’t even of aboriginal ancestry. Not denying that the manner in which many were treated was terrible but have they considered the alternatives? This country was going to get taken over by some culture at some stage. Had it been from one of our northern neighbours the plight of the locals could have been a lot worse.

Seriously some people are so determined to keep looking back they never move forward.
Quote Reply