Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the helmet: the big appeal of the aerohead for me is that it's supposed to be fast on most people. It will be interesting to see it this one can do the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Competitor A is likely the BP 3.3. As tight as a TT suit fits, the fact that it's fabric with no structure really isn't of relevance. It's all about the texture and how that affects airflow.

BP3, not BP3.3, right?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Morelock wrote:
Impressive numbers... both the data and the price :D

Unfortunately cost and published #'s haven't done much in helping me divine the fastest skinsuit historically.

Take a look at the suit data.

Something odd there.

yeah. Just like the CW article a while back that showed the Velotec suit to be best... hard to translate any of that to yourself. The BP3.3 was obviously the best suit Castelli ever made and tested... for Elia Viviani in a Velodrome. (Rio)

Also interesting is that Nopinz makes the Timewarp suit designed for 49-60kmph (similar design to the older Encapsulator)

TL;DR - Breaking News: new product from company releases in house data that shows their product is the fastest.

Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and all of that depends upon the body the suits are on. order would change for different rider, which makes it #huge$500 gamble. if slow for you, the aftermarket resale is not going to be that high, or maybe it will if everyone believes the marketing graphs that make curves without data points :)
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Competitor A is likely the BP 3.3. As tight as a TT suit fits, the fact that it's fabric with no structure really isn't of relevance. It's all about the texture and how that affects airflow.

BP3, not BP3.3, right?

If I'm not mistaken, the BP3.3 is designed to perform better at higher speeds whereas the BP3 is designed to work more in the 40-50km/h range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just meant in the graph it indicates they tested against the 3, not the 3.3, unless I'm missing something.

I just bought a Velotec suit (~$150) I'll test it against my 3.3, nopinz, etc. There was a big stink over on TTF about it being a slippery suit as well.

Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:
Would be useful to know what suit was tested from each brand. Eg Nopinz do a number of suits so may not be the quickest suit they tested.

If baseline is a 2013 Endura, I think it is either just regular fabric or it could be the older D2Z. Assuming BP 3.0, then it is probably the 2016 NoPinz. Both competitors are supposed to be a bit better.

I am still struggling to decode their graph to guesstimate the wattage or CdA differences. The Cyclingweekly test has CdA and wattage for the 2016-7 Endura that I was trying to use as a "baseline", but maybe the Assos would be a better choice to match the 2013 model.

This is when I really see the advantage of an aero stick. I have done the tunnel thing twice, but it takes only about 12 months before all your data is meaningless.
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
I just meant in the graph it indicates they tested against the 3, not the 3.3, unless I'm missing something.

I just bought a Velotec suit (~$150) I'll test it against my 3.3, nopinz, etc. There was a big stink over on TTF about it being a slippery suit as well.

Huh, I guess I did miss that. Interesting. Not sure what suit that is then that gets more aero with increasing speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is more aero with increasing speed than the baseline which could have been nosediving, ie teh increase could in reality be flat or getting less aero, as you don't know what the baseline did
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
that is more aero with increasing speed than the baseline which could have been nosediving, ie teh increase could in reality be flat or getting less aero, as you don't know what the baseline did

Good point.
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the consensus on visors vs. sunglasses for really hot and humid environments? I like this helmet, but I live in coastal Texas and the heat here is insane. I don't want a visor that's going to fog up and get coated with sweat.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
What's the consensus on visors vs. sunglasses for really hot and humid environments? I like this helmet, but I live in coastal Texas and the heat here is insane. I don't want a visor that's going to fog up and get coated with sweat.

Just ride at the recommended 60 kph.

Actually I don't think there would be much difference, Some of the visor helmets actually have the venting right at the top of the visor, so if seat drops on the visor it tends to be below your line of sight. Glasses don't have any particular venting and sit very close to your eyes. I kinda prefer a visor for TT in hot conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

Just ride at the recommended 60 kph.

Actually I don't think there would be much difference, Some of the visor helmets actually have the venting right at the top of the visor, so if seat drops on the visor it tends to be below your line of sight. Glasses don't have any particular venting and sit very close to your eyes. I kinda prefer a visor for TT in hot conditions.

Ditto this. Plus you can put a rainX coating on the inside (and outside if it's raining) of the visor and any sweat will just roll off. There may be a slight salt trail but it will be much less noticeable. DISCLAIMER: test this on a discreet part of your visor first to ensure you don't ruin it. My Javelin was fine but who knows about all the others.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tulkas wrote:
Plus you can put a rainX coating on the inside (and outside if it's raining) of the visor and any sweat will just roll off.

They make one for plastic. Didn't seem to bother lexan, but also didn't seem to work very well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did this to my (old 1st gen, the new ones are supposedly better) Bambino visor and it literally just peeled the "chrome" coating off. Although just wiping that visor with a rag would also peel the chrome off so maybe not the RainX's fault.
Kask was supposed to ship me a replacement. That was 2 years ago. Still waiting. Kask customer service isn't the best... /kask rant. Worked fine on my aerohead visor though... so just use a little caution.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote]so the right texture should do *something* for me... even though past testing, both in the tunnel and the field, has proved otherwise. [/quote]

If the suit is too small and you stretch the texturing out too much it's not as effective.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
so the right texture should do *something* for me... even though past testing, both in the tunnel and the field, has proved otherwise.

If the suit is too small and you stretch the texturing out too much it's not as effective.

this is true of the Cuore suits no?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New Endura Aero Helmet and Time Trial Suit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the Cuore Gold suits test? I’ve never seen or heard anything outside if their marketing pitch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next