Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canadian WWII History... [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well there is this joint venture between our 2 countries.

Properly designated as the 1st Special Service Force, the Devil's Brigade was a joint World War II American-Canadian commando unit trained at Fort Harrison near Helena, Montana in the United States. Many modern American and Canadian Special Forces units trace their heritage to this unit. For the movie of the same name, see The Devil's Brigade.

http://www.firstspecialserviceforce.net/history.html
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian WWII History... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
JSA wrote:
Robert Manning Gray was part of Doolittle's Raiders. Enlisted as Flying Cadet on June 29, 1940 at Dallas, Texas. Graduated with rating of Pilot and commissioned as Second Lieutenant at Kelly Field, Texas on February 8, 1941. Assigned 34th Bomb Squadron and then 95th Bomb Squadron of 17th Bomb Group at McChord Field, Washington. Remained in China-Burma-India Theater after Tokyo Raid. Killed in action on October 18, 1942 while on combat mission near Assam India. Gray Air Force Base, Texas, named in his honor. Decorations include the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Chinese Army, Navy, Air Corps Medal, Class A, 1st Grade.

I got to meet two of the Doolittle raiders back in 2002. Super cool; I have a 34th Bomb Squadron patch with their signatures on it. One of the guys was Doolittle’s copilot.

Those guys are awesome. I'm involved with a local aviation museum and I've met Chuck Yeager and Willie Rogers (on separate occasions). I don't get starstruck or give a shit about celebrities, but I damn near lost the power of speech around those two. I reached Fanboy Level 12 those evenings.

War is god
Quote Reply

Prev Next