Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LAX - Long Layover - What to do... [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flight is on Monday, arrive @ t6 @ 10 am and flyout from t7 @ about 5 pm, so I guess the layover is a bit shorter than I was thinking.
Quote Reply
Re: LAX - Long Layover - What to do... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s plenty of time to head out to Langer’s. #19 — best pastrami in the country. Even with the worst traffic, you’ll make it back in time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Flight is on Monday, arrive @ t6 @ 10 am and flyout from t7 @ about 5 pm, so I guess the layover is a bit shorter than I was thinking.

7 hours, near peak travel. you've got 4 to 5 hours max to play, I'd still say stick to the beach cities and enjoy some sunshine. Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday 10 to 5. Got it.
Assume the Flight is a bit late and unloading takes a bit so we call it 11:15AM on the curb for a cab.

Manhattan Beach / El Segundo / Playa Del Rey are with in 5 to 15 min cab.
Terminal 7 Easiest to get out of, not too bad to get back into.
In order of time:
* El Segundo - closest location. 2 options Downtown / cafes and coffee houses. Beach Mex is really good. or The Point (Big strip mall, restaurants and shops) No Ocean View so definitely the#3 option.
(However if you want to go for a run, there is a wood chip trail that starts in that area and runs down to Redondo, but I would run on the beach as a 1st option)
* Manhattan Beach- go to the Downtown area where the Pier is. Restaurants and Shops on Beach 1st option
* Playa Del Rey - (Vista Del Mar and Ocean) There are some good small restaurants, only 1 finer dining option (Playa Provisions) access to the Beach for a walk run sit whatever). There will be ZERO tourist crowd, and very much locals only. 2nd option
You could make it to Hermosa Beach Pier (Same as Manhattan just 3 miles further south) or Redondo (King Harbor area, I live here and I do not stop there that often). I would go to Manhattan. You have the pier lots of options for food and good to walk and hang out for a few hours.

Make plans to be heading back to LAX by 3 for a 315 to 330 arrival. 4pm traffic will start to be shit show, and LAX is not an airport to be late to.

This is what I would do as a local.

Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: LAX - Long Layover - What to do... [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Take a taxi or Uber-type ride to Santa Monica pier or take the train to Downtown LA then head over to Hollywood for a few minutes then go back to the airport.
Where are you going that has such a long layover?

x2 - i did this years ago and it was a fun way to kill a few hours. (minus the hollywood part - just santa monica.)

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good timing! I have a 7 hour layover on a Saturday afternoon/evening coming up.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: LAX - Long Layover - What to do... [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite happy with all of the input!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
We have an 8 or 9 hour layover @ LAX coming up, what are the options without walking through a security screen? I've been told it's not the greatest place to kill time in.

Go to Beverly Hills / Rodeo Drive, I did that & it was a hoot seeing all the posers. Some were real likely, but the ones acting like they are all Hollywood were hilarious. Although it was interesting to walk into a store & have them treat me like I was a famous actor coming in dressed like a slob--so they were cool about. I guess many Hollywood types disguise themselves & look homeless then drop $10K + like it is chump change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
We have an 8 or 9 hour layover @ LAX coming up, what are the options without walking through a security screen? I've been told it's not the greatest place to kill time in.

This is SFO, but maybe LAX will have something similar soon:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article203880414.html

Brings new meaning to the term "layover"!

Quote Reply
Re: LAX - Long Layover - What to do... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

This is SFO, but maybe LAX will have something similar soon:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article203880414.html

Brings new meaning to the term "layover"!

So go to the sex shop and then find a really nice bathroom for the wife and I... Nah, pretty sure I want to get on the next plane to the Big Island...
Quote Reply

Prev Next