Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona?
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been asked before........ But I have watched several years of IM World Champs and never seen where the fast AG's finish. Surely some of the fastest guys catch up to the Pro ladies, but you never see them in any of the footage. Now I can appreciate that with some keen editing of the footage they would be able to cut them out, but surely there must be some finishing around the same time as the pro ladies? Do they have a separate finishing chute, then open it up the main finish to everyone once the top Pros from each gender have finished?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top AG male went 8:55.
He was faster than most than all pro women except Rief and faster than 9 pro men.

The Kona feed shows the spear of the pro race, some feel good stories, and the people around the 17 hour finish time.

If u download the IM tracker app, u can see results for every race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen the top finishing times for the fastest AG's, I was just wondering why you never see them on the footage finishing around the top pro ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xplombier wrote:
I have seen the top finishing times for the fastest AG's, I was just wondering why you never see them on the footage finishing around the top pro ladies.

Truth be told, everyone finishes in an alternate chute that is in front of the worlds biggest green screen so NBC can edit the finish as they see fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone finishes in the same place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen the top finishing times for the fastest AG's, I was just wondering why you never see them on the footage finishing around the top pro ladies. ///

Its actually very simple, they start well after the women start. So given that handicap the AG'ers are not catching any pro women you might see cross the line in the shows. They catch the back of the field and the blow up or bad pacers, all of which will not have cameras on them or be featured on the broadcast..
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only time you would get some of them on camera, would be a situation like Frodo this yer, where he was a defending champ, who came to grief, and was walking at points... If that happened to someone like Daniela Ryf, you might see a few of the lead age group guys (because they would keep a camera on her), but otherwise, there's a reason they use the gaps that they use in terms of getting what they want for the coverage... There are plenty of AG guys who are beating the pro women, but because of the gap, they're not catching the top 5 which are really the only ones that they would show at the line...
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Xplombier wrote:

Truth be told, everyone finishes in an alternate chute that is in front of the worlds biggest green screen so NBC can edit the finish as they see fit.

Please excuse my ignorance, but have you ever witnessed a kona finish first hand?
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL I was just laughing at the comedian before reading your post.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Moon landings never handed either and Kennedy was shot by Elvis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone who races Kona has to sign a non disclosure agreement but I'll let the cat out the bag that they all actually congregate in a studio in Hollywood
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron snorks wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
Xplombier wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but have you ever witnessed a kona finish first hand?

A sucker is born every second.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please see my other post sucker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron snorks wrote:
Please see my other post sucker

Someone’s a bit salty
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to claim redemption...
Quote Reply
Re: Where do the faster AG's finish in Kona? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a sea dog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never and probably never will. I'm UK based and very, very slow!
Quote Reply