Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Emperor Trump [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
stal wrote:
Both parties will do whatever they need/want to do to get votes.

Probably the worst thing about where we are politically as a country right now.

Meh, we're not special. U.S. history is littered with political shenanigans. Democracy is the worst, except all the alternatives, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Emperor Trump [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Meh, we're not special. U.S. history is littered with political shenanigans. Democracy is the worst, except all the alternatives, etc.

Except the USA is not a democracy. If it was, Hillary would be present due to winning the popular vote.
The USA is a representative republic.
At least there is something to aim for.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Emperor Trump [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

Except the USA is not a democracy. If it was, Hillary would be present due to winning the popular vote.

Oh no, you hit my pet peeve. Yes, the U.S. *is* a democracy. In a Venn diagram direct democracy and representative democracy are both "democracy." Using the word "democracy" alone doesn't imply the direct version. "Republic" is just another word for "some form of democracy."
Quote Reply
Re: Emperor Trump [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Oh no, you hit my pet peeve. Yes, the U.S. *is* a democracy. In a Venn diagram direct democracy and representative democracy are both "democracy." Using the word "democracy" alone doesn't imply the direct version. "Republic" is just another word for "some form of democracy."

As in The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea? That has both words so it must sit in the middle of the Venn intersection?.............

Ok, I'm just Effing with ya.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply

Prev Next