Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me lower my CDA
Quote | Reply
I dont know my cda, dont really have a method to find out. But what are obvious ways?

Do stacked arm pads vs pad on the bar lower?

How much does an aero helmet lower it?

Long sleeve tri suit vs sleeveless?

Tri Rig Alpha one? Worth the money?

FWIW I am 6'1 and Ride a cannonade slice, 90MM wheels with a disc cover, waxed chain

What says you??

This is all in my effort to go sub 5 on the bike at Maryland this year, which I have no doubt I can, but..... I would actually like to be able to run after rather then a 26 mile walk

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Last edited by: surfNJmatt: Mar 3, 18 15:14
Quote Reply
Re: Help me lower my CDA [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could start with a list of your current speed current gear, including bike, front brake (if not shrouded), wheels, helmet, trisuit, shoes, BTA hydration, BTS hydration, cockpit. Then, add pictures from the side and front to give folks a sense of your position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do some reading, all the answers you seek are on these forums.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me lower my CDA [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Do some reading, all the answers you seek are on these forums.

Just thought id ask, every topic in tri has been discussed on these forums. Without new questions the forum will die. Its active not a dictionary

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some say hard work is faster than aero. Others say hard work is faster then aero.
Last edited by: RChung: Mar 3, 18 18:09
Quote Reply
Re: Help me lower my CDA [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Others may say these things aren’t mutually exclusive.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 3, 18 18:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Some say hard work is faster than aero. Others say hard work is faster then aero.

some do say that

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

On the one hand, RChung says hard work is faster than aero. On the other hand, he wears a watch.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:

some day I'll compile a "top tenz" of RChung burns. This one will probably make the list.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While there isn't an excuse not to test if you are interested and own a power meter, I'll bite.

If I were going in "guessing" on how to make myself faster...

- Probably the #1 thing you can do to lower your CdA is get your head out of the way. The old crude method is being in front of a mirror with your elbows on the counter and just moving around until your head sinks into that almost "turtling" position naturally. Take that to your bike and figure out how to get your cockpit to imitate it.

- Pick the cheapest (or one I thought looked the coolest) "generally good" Helmet out there. (A2, Javelin, Selector, etc... plenty of threads on this)

- Pick the long sleeve suit that I could swim/run in relatively comfortably.

- Pick the aerobar that lets you accomplish the first thing.

- Not overbike for my fitness - that is the most important thing to not walking.

IMO worrying about things like "pedestaling pads" or not is best saved for after you KNOW you're slippery and want to start looking for the high up fruit. Not when you've still got fruit on the ground.

YMMV of course.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply