Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guru Fit and Pad X/Y
Quote | Reply
I got a Guru for 2 years ago and I have my report still, but I don’t remember what the x/y coordinates are. For the handlebar x/y is that for the pad x/y? Or is that just to the base bar and then I need to use the type of bar used and stack for the pads to get my true pad x/y?

Thanks for the help!

-Nate
Triathlonpal.com
Flaer|Team Kiwami|Nuun Hydration|Honey Stinger
Twitter: @N8deck
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit and Pad X/Y [triathlonpal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whether it’s a Road fitting or Triathlon fitting the report shows the saddle X/Y (center of the seat rails) and the handlebar X/Y (center of the bar/stem intersection).

The triathlon report goes a step further to include pad X/Y measured to the center of the pad. The calculation to find pad X/Y includes the pad offset (horizontal distance from handlebar X/Y) and pad height (vertical distance the pad is above/below the handlebar X/Y). It also includes info about where the shifters are relative to the elbow pad and the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit and Pad X/Y [Chris B.O.B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris B.O.B. wrote:
whether it’s a Road fitting or Triathlon fitting the report shows the saddle X/Y (center of the seat rails) and the handlebar X/Y (center of the bar/stem intersection).

The triathlon report goes a step further to include pad X/Y measured to the center of the pad. The calculation to find pad X/Y includes the pad offset (horizontal distance from handlebar X/Y) and pad height (vertical distance the pad is above/below the handlebar X/Y). It also includes info about where the shifters are relative to the elbow pad and the saddle.

So if my handlebar x/y is:
X:480
Y:625

And the stack for the pads is 60mm

That means my pad x/y is
X:480
Y:685

Is that right? Am I missing any other data I need to throw in there?

-Nate
Triathlonpal.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are your elbow pads directly above the base bar (0 offset)?
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit and Pad X/Y [Chris B.O.B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris B.O.B. wrote:
Are your elbow pads directly above the base bar (0 offset)?

Yep, right over the base bar

-Nate
Triathlonpal.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then yes, your pad reach will be the same as your handlebar reach and your pad height will be the handlebar stack plus whatever distance the pads are above the center of the bars (not the top of the bars). Again, the reach assumes that the center of your pad is directly above the center of the bars.
Quote Reply