Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trade wars are good, winning them is easy
Quote | Reply
Quote:
When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore-we win big. It’s easy!

This was mentioned in another thread but I thought it deserves it's own special place. How could anyone be so stupid as to think this is a good idea? This could really ruin the economy if carried through. I really think doing this would start the next recession.
Quote Reply
Re: Trade wars are good, winning them is easy [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump talks tough and says he will pass a lot of legislation and then blames Congress when common sense prevails.

His act is getting old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The US is planning on this:

under his leadership:

and the economy may just do this

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Trade wars are good, winning them is easy [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Trump trade war would backfire, Bigly.
90%+ of goods sold at Wal-Mart are made in 'Gynna.
Shutting down that store?, would be akin to declaring war on his own base.
Sorta like 'cutting off the comb'over to spite the face.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Quote:
When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore-we win big. It’s easy!

This was mentioned in another thread but I thought it deserves it's own special place. How could anyone be so stupid as to think this is a good idea? This could really ruin the economy if carried through. I really think doing this would start the next recession.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Quote:

I'm "down" hundreds of dollars every month with my trading partner (Tom Thumb), but I don't think I'd "win" in the event that we stopped trading.
Last edited by: SH: Mar 2, 18 12:16
Quote Reply