Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New POC Helmet! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it tested stupid-fast on me, I would wear it, stupid and all. Shame there's no decent place for testing one around my place.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Always reminds me of Spaceballs whenever I see that image..
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Beat me to it.
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toastygloveman wrote:
POC, you have my attention... Along with the new Evade and Oakley, I am definately excited for this new arrival. Tough decisions lie ahead.

http://newsletter.pocsports.com/...GY3OTE2YmQxOTE%3D%7C

The marketing worked. I want one.
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's interesting, but I think I'll stick with my Octal and Octal Aero combination.
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the gel system they're using in place of the plastic MIPS system. I look forward to them using it in a future TT helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched a very good review by GCN, helmet seems awesome-I want one!!
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Just watched a very good review by GCN, helmet seems awesome-I want one!!
Keep in mind that GCN is pay for play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did anyone else get one?
I was due for a new road helmet anyway, so bought one at my LBS. Very comfortable, and you can definitely feel the wind blowing through the helmet over your head!
Aerodynamics, no idea!
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I was due for a new road helmet anyway, so bought one at my LBS. Very comfortable, and you can definitely feel the wind blowing through the helmet over your head!
Aerodynamics, no idea!

I bought a Ventral and I have been very impressed by it. It is very comfortable and extremely well ventilated. I think it has brought my thirty year run with Giro helmets to an end!
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Aerodynamics, no idea!

I bought a Ventral and I have been very impressed by it. It is very comfortable and extremely well ventilated. I think it has brought my thirty year run with Giro helmets to an end!

Always been a fan of Giro as well. In what way(s) did you find it better?
Last edited by: Skyline Chili: Aug 4, 18 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compared to the Giro's I've owned, my current Specialized prevail, and an Oakley Aro5 I tried on today, the most obvious difference is the venting/air flow.
Just looking in the mirror you can see the difference, huge openings that lead all the way through the helmet, and you can truly feel the airflow while riding.
Like other POC helmets, it still does look a bit bigger, a bit more boxy, when on top of your head, compared to other helmets.
I highly doubt it is any more -aero- than any other road helmet out there, but who knows...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked for a POC dealer for some time and have to say their helmets are pretty great. The best fitting/most comfortable helmet brands in my experience are the Kask and the POC. So, I'm confident the Ventral is a stellar helmet that will be comfortable for whatever you're doing.

[Channeling my inner Billy Mays] The secret to making POC helmets look good is the sunglasses. You have to get glasses that agree with the wide low profile of the helmet.

But, the secret to making anything look pro is to be fast.
Quote Reply
Re: New POC Helmet! [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Aerodynamics, no idea!

Always been a fan of Giro as well. In what way(s) did you find it better?

The helmet simply felt like it was of a higher quality tan any Giro I owned. The external shell on the Ventral fits very snugly on the eps with no gaps along the edge. On my Giro Synthe there are a few little gaps and the perforated inserts on the top of the helmet don’t meet the shell at the ends neatly. They sit proud of where they meet the eps shell.

On the Ventral there is also less eps exposed. The shell covers more eps than on the Synthe and wraps around the bottom of the shell, affording greater protection form little nicks and dents from rough handling.

And this has nothing to with quality but POC makes the Ventral in simple solid colors. Giro keeps up with these lame color schemes on the Synthe and Air Attack with lightning bolts and such. Just give me a helmet with just a simple solid color and no ‘design’ on it. POC has done that. In looking at the new Aether, Giro is still sticking with multicolor designs. Not a big thing but it’s always bothered me.

Additionally, I think POC’s hi-viz colors are more hi-viz than what Giro offers. The new Aether does have a hi-viz yellow in the lineup but the lower rear section of it, the bit facing those approaching you from the rear were you are most vulnerable, is black! Seriously?
Quote Reply

Prev Next