Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

April 2 for driver less cars in CA
Quote | Reply
I can't wait for this to happen:

"On Monday, the California Department of Motor Vehicles approved new rules that would allow self-driving cars to hit the road without a human behind the wheel, ready to take over at any time.

The new regulations, which take effect as of April 2, will pave the way for companies like Waymo, Uber, GM, and others to continue autonomous vehicle (AV) testing on the roads of the Golden State and likely will lead to the technology becoming mainstream."

https://arstechnica.com/...uman-safety-drivers/

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: April 2 for driver less cars in CA [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this can't come soon enough. I hate driving, likely why I do so little of it.
Quote Reply
Re: April 2 for driver less cars in CA [abies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abies wrote:

I really hope my kids don't have to drive. I worry too much about them so I hope this becomes a real choice in the next couple of years. I also wonder if insurance for these types of cars will be more or less than a human piloted car.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: April 2 for driver less cars in CA [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
abies wrote:

I really hope my kids don't have to drive. I worry too much about them so I hope this becomes a real choice in the next couple of years. I also wonder if insurance for these types of cars will be more or less than a human piloted car.

Considering you wont own it, you wont be paying the insurance, the rental car company will.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply