Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Places to Rent a Bike in Dallas Area
Quote | Reply
I am going to be flying into Dallas on March 23rd and looking to rent a road bike for the Saturday and Sunday. Anyone have a recommendation of a good shop where I can rent a bike? I also do not know the area at all (first time to Texas), so if there are any group ride options for Saturday that would be awesome as well.
Last edited by: smoore89: Feb 27, 18 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Places to Rent a Bike in Dallas Area [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure Playtri rents bikes (or at least it did a few years ago), and typically has group rides. There are several locations, including one in Dallas. Dallas is a huge place, so it's hard to give you better direction.

You might check Tri Shop in Plano - Trent Nix is on ST. He may be able to help you out. If you're in Dallas proper, though, that's a bit of a hike.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: Places to Rent a Bike in Dallas Area [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I am going to be in the Grapevine area near the airport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. There is a Playtri in Colleyville, which is right next to Grapevine. That location has group rides (or it did when I lived out there three years ago). There's also a Bicycle World in Southlake (also right there). Don't know if they rent bikes, though.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Playtri Colleyville where I often ride is probably your closest option and the typical ride goes through Grapevine. 25 mile ride with a few speed options and potential ways to increase distance depending on the day. Playtri Ft Worth (maybe 20 mins from Grapevine) offers a more robust group ride with more options of speed and distance
Quote Reply