Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
One thing, though: I think that guy in the White House is going to be tough to beat in 2020. I took the photo below today, on my way home from my office at the airport. This house is on the backroads I take to and from DTW. And there are a lot of these types of homemade signs around here. A LOT. And this fellow -- and he's someone who we might say is a "rurally oriented man" (complete with a few dogs running around the homestead) -- had that front yard of his festooned with support signs and blinking "Jail Hillary" lights and all sorts of stuff back during the election.

My point is, there are many people like this in all the states Donny Two Scoops won. A lot more of them than the kind of folks who hang out here, for one. And they haven't yet thrown him over out of disapproval for anything -- and I mean ANYTHING -- he's done (or is contemplating doing, is my guess).

Take a look at the pic. It pretty much sums up everything you'd think a typical Two Scoops voter might be. And there are a lot more of those folks in this country, in the states that count in the Electoral College, than there are the sophisticates we all believe ourselves to be. Be warned.

So because you drive through a neighbourhood of people too lazy to take their 2016 signs down (although, that is a very nice sign), Trump's going to win again? :D

That wooden sign is a recent addition. Of course, if you look farther back in the scenery, you'll see that he of course still has his campaign yard sign up.

You should have seen this gentleman's front yard during the campaign. Literally, a blinking light set-up that said "Jail Hillary"on it. ;-)

So we're talking about a crazy person :)

Wonder what he does for work.

Never had the stones to go up and ask him. Take a look at that house of his. The missing decorative shutter is only half of it, believe me. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Feb 28, 18 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Travis R wrote:
knewbike wrote:
A Ford AND a Chevy. This I have never seen.

I don't see the Ford in the picture - 2 Chevys for sure, and the one in the back is either a Chevy or a GMC.

I think I just broke my own rule about avoiding discussions about politics, religion, or Ford versus Chevy.

Yup. You're right. I knew it was impossible.

Yeah, I double checked. All General Motors products in that yard. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windschatten wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
One thing, though: I think that guy in the White House is going to be tough to beat in 2020. I took the photo below today, on my way home from my office at the airport. This house is on the backroads I take to and from DTW. And there are a lot of these types of homemade signs around here. A LOT. And this fellow -- and he's someone who we might say is a "rurally oriented man" (complete with a few dogs running around the homestead) -- had that front yard of his festooned with support signs and blinking "Jail Hillary" lights and all sorts of stuff back during the election.

My point is, there are many people like this in all the states Donny Two Scoops won. A lot more of them than the kind of folks who hang out here, for one. And they haven't yet thrown him over out of disapproval for anything -- and I mean ANYTHING -- he's done (or is contemplating doing, is my guess).

Take a look at the pic. It pretty much sums up everything you'd think a typical Two Scoops voter might be. And there are a lot more of those folks in this country, in the states that count in the Electoral College, than there are the sophisticates we all believe ourselves to be. Be warned.

Disagree, and here's why... I'm not disputing the presence nor resolve of Drumpf's largely rural 'Flyover Army' which you've pointed out, but I believe they're already pretty well accounted for in the roughly 30ish % bedrock polling #s of his core supporters. Along with enough staunch GOP faithful and other right-leaning 'Anybody-but-Hillary' voters, that was enough to (barely) tip the EC ledger in his favor during the last election, but that was also due to underwhelming turnout among disillusioned Berniacs and previous Obama supporters from 2008/12 who couldn't muster the same enthusiasm to get out the vote for HRC. That ~30% number is not getting any larger, as most of the other 12-13% of the electorate who tolerated Maj. Bone Spurs as the lesser evil vs HRC have since realized he is in fact the very same BS-selling carny barker he's always been (only w/ an even bigger platform now) and have quickly gotten off the wagon. He's going to have a much harder time re-forming that coalition without someone w/ all of Hillary's baggage to run against, along with his own record of buffoonery and incompetence now around his own neck instead of some optimistic projection of what Candidate Trump *might* be(come) once in office.

Meanwhile, the cavalcade of embarrassment & stupidity coming out of the WH *has* energized far more of the previously spent Berniacs, Obamanauts, and/or less-committed lefties to get off the fence and re-mobilize ~ which explains why we've seen consistently strong performances from the D side (either outright upsets or at least out-performing 2016 results in GOP-leaning districts) in the various special elections we've had since Dipshit took office. Again, I don't think your observation is mistaken, only the magnitude is overstated in context relative to the number of votes to be (re)gained by the Ds in places like Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Philly, etc ~ only 2-3% of which would be enough to tip those states back the other way. ALL of that shit had to break right for him last time to eke out a win despite losing the popular vote, and I don't see it being that likely to strike twice.

Now, of course that's predicated on running against a generic opponent; it's certainly *possible* that the Ds could nominate someone even more objectionable than Clinton, but given her historic unlikeability that's a steep 'Hill' to climb (oh yes, I did).

Yup, well said. That is if he isn't impeached before 2020. Or he may not even run again.

Isn't that what everybody said the last elections?
Impeached within a year...etc. pp.

I get the impression everybody is sort of enjoying the show...like watching a train wreck.

I am pretty sure he gets that and just tries to push the buttons a little harder.

So far no response.

He will only be impeached if there is something so damning there is no choice but for the Pubs to go along with it. E.g. Financial crimes
A lot has happened since 2016 that has turned many off Trump
Hilary won't be running again
It would only take one or two swing states to turn the electoral college

Anything is possible but I think it's highly unlikely Trump wins reelection if his opponent is even halfway competent.

Well, he named his 2020 campaign manager the other day and we all know that he isn't in the least afraid to bare-knuckle brawl in a political contest. It will be a very entertaining presidential election, that's for sure.

PS, it's a pipe dream for people to think that he's going to be impeached or removed from office in the meantime. Folks should read the Jonathan Turley piece in The Hill For reasons why.

Quote Reply
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
spookini wrote:

So unable to relate or emote that he has to write "I hear you" on a crib sheet at a 'listening session'.

This seems to be at the root of many of his cringe-worthy moments. He seems to entirely lack genuine empathy or sympathy or even to be able to fake it well.

In his entire life, when has he ever had to listen to anyone, have any sympathy or empathy, or care what anyone thought about him?

But then you have a guy like Bill Gates who has every reason not to have any sympathy or empathy. Yet, he seems to be putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to empathy. There are plenty of other examples, but sadly Trump is not one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
klehner wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
spookini wrote:

So unable to relate or emote that he has to write "I hear you" on a crib sheet at a 'listening session'.

This seems to be at the root of many of his cringe-worthy moments. He seems to entirely lack genuine empathy or sympathy or even to be able to fake it well.

In his entire life, when has he ever had to listen to anyone, have any sympathy or empathy, or care what anyone thought about him?

But then you have a guy like Bill Gates who has every reason not to have any sympathy or empathy. Yet, he seems to be putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to empathy. There are plenty of other examples, but sadly Trump is not one of them.

Not quite true, insofar as Bill Gates didn't grow up surrounded by sycophants, made his fortune himself (let's not get into Microsoft's business history!), and doesn't appear to ever have had "make the most money possible" as his life goal.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: "I really believe I'd run in" [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tl;dr

But has anyone posted about Trump stopping a mugger in 91?

“All of a sudden, a big long limousine pulls up on an angle, and Donald Trump pops out with the blond, too,” an unnamed witness told The Daily News. “There was a guy with a bat, hitting a guy over the head, and Trump yelled, ‘Put that bat down. What are you doing?’ The guy dropped the bat, came over and started talking to him.”

The article also noted that this account followed a high-profile mugging of Donald Trump’s mother that had taken place a month earlier.
Quote Reply

Prev Next