Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Monday Morning Shooting in Detroit. Three Dead, And The Same As It Ever Was
Quote | Reply
This stuff has been going on here for so long it's almost inured metro Detroiters to it due to the commonness of it all, sad to say. Sigh:

"Two women and a man are dead after a Monday morning shooting at a Sunoco gas station on Detroit’s west side, police say.

Police said the shooting happened at about 8:40 a.m. Monday at the gas station on the corner of Fenkell and Beaverland near Telegraph.

The suspect in the shooting is still at large, they said.

Jacqueline Pritchett, commander of the Detroit Police Department’s 8th Precinct, said investigators have yet to identify the victims or the suspect in the shooting.

However, she said investigators believe the victims live in the area and the male victim, described in his late 40s-early 50s, may be a local church pastor.

She said it appears the shooting stems from an argument between a man who was driving a gray sedan and the occupants of a silver Dodge Journey.

“The (suspect) went over to the Dodge and he and a passenger engaged in conversation,” she said. “The suspect pulled out a handgun and began firing into the vehicle. Then he shoots the man who was pumping gas into the Dodge.”

Pritchett said the motive for the shooting and how many shots were fired are unknown."

I know the deep west and east sides of the city. Not shocking to me at all that this took place over on the west side of town.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Monday Morning Shooting in Detroit. Three Dead, And The Same As It Ever Was [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Several years ago when I was first starting out in the insurance adjusting business I got a call asking if I wanted to work flood claims in Detroit for FEMA. I told them no because I was not that desperate. The guy who called me laughed and said that he was having a difficult time getting people to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Monday Morning Shooting in Detroit. Three Dead, And The Same As It Ever Was [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Several years ago when I was first starting out in the insurance adjusting business I got a call asking if I wanted to work flood claims in Detroit for FEMA. I told them no because I was not that desperate. The guy who called me laughed and said that he was having a difficult time getting people to go.

You did the smart thing, believe me.

Quote Reply
Re: Monday Morning Shooting in Detroit. Three Dead, And The Same As It Ever Was [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body count's now up to 4 on this shooting. Now two women and two men, instead of two women and one man. The plot thickens, as well. Suspect is identified as 27-year-old Gregory Anthony Davis, who is still at large. SMDH.

"Two women and two men are dead after two Monday morning shootings at a Sunoco gas station and in a nearby neighborhood on Detroit’s west side, police say.

Police believe the shootings are connected. The first happened at about 8:40 a.m. Monday at the gas station on the corner of Fenkell and Beaverland near Telegraph.

She said investigators believe the victims include the mother of the suspect's child, a neighbor who she was driving to work and have identified the male victim as a local church pastor, who police said was pumping the gas.

Pritchett said the suspect attacked the three at the gas station, fled to a family member's home on the 15100 block of Faust Avenue and then fatally shot his adult male cousin.

Davis has a 2008 conviction for second-degree home invasion, a 2008 conviction for carrying a concealed weapon, and a 2011 conviction for receiving and concealing a stolen car. He was put on a parole in 2016, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections."

Guaranteed this was one of those instances where the shooter and his baby mama girlfriend were arguing over the child. Baby mama threatens shooter that he'll never see his kid again and BM's neighbor either jumps in in support of baby mama or who is a truly innocent bystander. The church pastor, who's helping baby mama escape an abusive relationship, most likely, is also shot by the murderer. Murdering scumbag goes to the home of his cousin, who says he's calling the cops -- either because he's trying to obey the law or because the shooter believes he's taken the dead baby mama's side in the past -- and catches a bullet for his own attempt at being a good citizen. Seen it a dozen times around here. Ugh. Below, Davis:

Quote Reply