Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peeing at night
Quote | Reply
I have to get up 3-4 times at night to go to the bathroom. I really feel like it's disrupting my sleep (and making a mess in the bathroom, but that's another post.) I've stopped drinking liquids after 8 and I'm in bed lights out by 10.

Anyone else suffer from this?
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should really get this checked out... peeing at night (Nocturia) can be a symptom of many things some benign some bad. The only way that you can get this teased out is if you go see your doctor as soon as possible.

It could be anything from an enlarged prostate (Benign prostatic hyperplasia) Prostate Cancer, Diabetes, heart conditions, etc.

Considering how serious the possible consequences are it is in your best interest to get a through evaluation by your doctor.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright now I'm just scared to go to the bathroom. My peeing is normal during the day so does that rule anything out?

My dad had none of those horrible things you mentioned yet he peed a lot at night as well. Maybe it's just hereditary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From now on we will call you night peer. Since that sounds like pier, we'll change the words around, and we'll be left with Pier McPipi La Nuit, or Sir Pee-at-night if you will.

just another useless post by moi. and now i gotta go do some french homework =\
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the Army is was so far to the end of the hall that we just peed out the window. In Germany they dont put screens on the window so it was an easy thing to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Marco, that's real nice to know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taku is right - get this checked out. Start with the digital prostate exam and the blood test that goes with it. This will - hopefully - rule out prostate cancer. I'm 55, and my prostate has been on-and-off problematic for about 8 years, but my problem is just a periodically enlarged prostate, which is a fairly normal and benign condition. I should do the exam annually, of course, but I tend to let it slide a bit. For only 5 seconds or so of moderate discomfort, I should be able to be a bigger boy about this! Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In the Army is was so far to the end of the hall that we just peed out the window. In Germany they dont put screens on the window so it was an easy thing to do.

Dude that is just being friggin' lazy. I'm not sure what is worse, that fact that you did it, or that you're now admitting it.

Mark this down under "Stupid Sh*t "Joe" does" and then wonders why his NCOs come down on him like a ton of bricks

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My father is 56 and he goes around 3-4 times a night. He told me what times, but I forgot. Kind of has his nights planned around it.

Not drinking at night should help, works for my 7 yo :)

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to me--then I found out I had diabetes. Are you peeing a lot each time or just a little? If you are peeing just a little, and it is hard to get up a stream, then you may have prostatitis. Go to the doc and he will do a "finger wave" (one of life's greatest little pleasures) to get a sample of fluid to test for bacteria. If it is positive, you will leave with a prescription and probably get better in a couple of weeks. If you are peeing a lot (and I mean a lot!) you may have diabetes. Simple, but gross test to find out. Next time you pee, go on the end of your finger (No, not the whole time--just a little). Then taste it. If it is salty, you are okay. If it is sweet, you have diabetes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... this is definately and issue you should see a urologist about... could be many reasons... only proper testing can determine the cause. But, it's not normal.

Joe Moya
Last edited by: Joe M: Jan 14, 04 19:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it! Ever been so drunk you pissed in your buddy's rack because at the time it was real funny? Anyone? Um yeah...hey a bird!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It could be ageing.

Three old men sat on a bench in a park discussing ageing.

The first said "whenever I pee it hurts".

The second said – "I don’t have any problems urinating, but I do have teribble bowl movements"

The third guy answers "I don’t have a problem urinating I do it with no problems at 04:00am and 06:30am. My bowel movement is also perfect, works fine everyday at excatly 06:45am. I just wish I would wake before 07:00am "

Go an get it checked.

Pluto

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...or instead of tasting urine (which I'm pretty sure isn't healthy), you could just ask your doctor about it. He can take a blood glucose reading in his office and tell you if you're diabetic. Also, you'd be peeing ALL DAY LONG. My wife's a diabetic and you can tell when she's even a little high by the # of times she visits the restroom.

Either way - see the doctor!!

-J in SL, MI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Next time you pee, go on the end of your finger (No, not the whole time--just a little). Then taste it. If it is salty, you are okay. If it is sweet, you have diabetes."

For real? Your lying.

Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this is true. Diabetes is caused by the pancreas not producing enough insulin to metabolize the glucose in your blood. So, the kidneys dump the excess glucose into the urine--hence the sweet taste. Translated literally from the Greek, diabetes means "honey water" or something to that effect.

BTW Herschel--If you don't want to taste your pee, you can get some test strips for urine at a drug store, or if you have a friend/relative with diabetes, you can have them help you get a fasting blood sugar level with their glucometer. If your fasting blood sugar is above 80-120 mgDl, you have problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everyone's help (except for the guy who said drink your pee). I have an appointment to see my doctor on Monday morning, although if it gets painful this weekend I'll go to the emergency room.

My guess is urinary tract infection. My dog had one two weeks ago and some antibiotics knocked it right out.

I'll keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do the same. If I drink until I pee clear I go many times during the night. It isn't the same during the dayand I don't know why. I have had all the test and everything comes out fine : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon, I didn't say DRINK it! Let's hope you have a UTI vice any other problems. If it gets painful, sitting in a hot bath sometimes helps. Also, instead of NOT drinking, you might want to try drinking more (esp. cranberry juice) to keep things flushed out. Also, frequent sex (or the solo alternative) seems to help reduce the size of the prostate if it is inflamed. (I am not a doctor--but this is what my urologist told me when I had prostatitis.)
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of an article I read one time about at a dozen or so diseases that could be diagnosed by tasting or smelling urine and how that was the only method available in the 19th and early 20th century. In addition to poor state of medical knowledge and getting paid in chickens, perhaps that was another reason doctoring was not such a glamorous profession in those days.

Diabetes was obviously one of the list but I can't for the life of me remember the others or find the article again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pooping about 3-4 times a night, but it didn't taste sweet, so I guess I'm okay :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uhh I am afraid to ask why you made the connection between your dog having a UTI and you having a UTI... Hmmm... I did see a video about that once though

Good luck
Quote Reply
Good news! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have Diabetes!

Quote Reply