Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: HED H3 Plus front wheel [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
I have rode H3 or H3+ wheelsets in a variety of conditions. It rides like a 60 or 70mm wheel. I never had an issue with crosswinds. A 90mm front wheel was a different experience for me. Half the rides I did on my 90mm wheels felt like I was going to die.

You now invoked fear in me... I just bought a Black 9/Disc combo for my IA16. I have no other wheels. I have a lot of miles on a 60mm with no issues, so I figured that I wouldn't notice going to a 90mm up front. I hope I am right.

I would have bought the H3+, but they do not have a black version yet, and in trading notes with HED, they did not think the H3 was that much (if any) faster than a their 9. So, I went with the 9 as a sure thing and the all-black cosmetics.

You'll be fine. I've used a stinger 9 in the past, and 808 front for years, in very strong wind conditions. Just takes a little extra attention. :)
Quote Reply
Re: HED H3 Plus front wheel [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're lucky...Hed told me yesterday that the rear wheel is out of stock and they don't expect to have any new ones for at least a year. Not sure why.
Quote Reply
Re: HED H3 Plus front wheel [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monsieur Trois wrote:
You're lucky...Hed told me yesterday that the rear wheel is out of stock and they don't expect to have any new ones for at least a year. Not sure why.

I've had the wheelset for two years now.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next