Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dubya listens to Dan McLean on his iPod...Bye Bye Miss Murican Pie
Quote | Reply
Dan McLean?

Dropped this new IPod on me??? does he think he's Snoop Dog or something?

Bono shows President Bush the iPod shuffle

Breda

Heffernan

GEORGE Bush's favourite Irishman has dropped in an early Christmas present to the White House.

Discussing the virtues of his latest high-tech gadget during a break in a series of interviews, the President explained that Bono had dropped by to give him an iPod.

"Bono came in and dropped this new iPod on me . . . it's pretty high-tech stuff," he told reporters as an assistant handed him his shiny new musical gadget.

"This is a clunker compared to the newer version, it's much lighter," he added, holding up his white and silver iPod for inspection.

And Mr Bush showed he was well versed in iPod lingo. When confronted with a tune he doesn't particularly like, "I shuffle", he explained nonchalantly.

The President was happy to reveal what artists had made it on to his personal iPod. Vying for the presidential ear are the Beach Boys, the Beatles, and Aretha Franklin.

He also confessed to being a fan of "Dan McLean" of 'American Pie' fame before a reporter suggested that perhaps he meant "Don McLean".

The last time the two men met was on October 19 at the Oval Office when Bono took a break from his tour to discuss Aids and Africa policy with the President.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Dubya listens to Dan McLean on his iPod...Bye Bye Miss Murican Pie [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Mr Bush showed he was well versed in iPod lingo. When confronted with a tune he doesn't particularly like, "I shuffle", he explained nonchalantly.

The President seems pretty up to date with things. Remember when one President (I think it was his father) who was surprised when they electronically scanned groceries.

One thing I will say about our President, he has a good sense of humor.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply