Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Di2 Detailed Upgrade Write-Up (Felt IA16) [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also agree that the best way to do this in your case would be the computer..

Alternatively, just set the shifters to shift the FD up / down, do your adjustments and then switch the buttons back to shift the RD only.

Also, if you're using R8050 / R9150 or even GRX your front derailleur only has one adjustment bolt. You will have to set up the low limit electronically (using the buttons). The dealer manual suggests you can do this using the TT levers, but I've never tried that muself.

Have a look at the dealer manual pages 137(139) / 142(143) https://si.shimano.com/.../DM-R8050-04-ENG.pdf or https://bettershifting.com/...ne-bolt-derailleurs/

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Last edited by: Di2Terry: Jul 29, 20 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Detailed Upgrade Write-Up (Felt IA16) [Di2Terry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By default the brake shifters are indeed configured for FD operation. In my enthusiasm to configure full synchro I had already set these to RD control to get full synchro to work. However, this created a problem with setting up the FD without a computer.

I agree that setting up the FD with the computer is by far the easiest, especially given the click-by-click guide that Shimano provides. However, my main concern is with fly away races where I don't necessarily carry a computer. If something goes wrong I would like to be able to solve it without a computer, but it seems that once the brakes are setup for RD control, there is no way of adjusting the FD. It's a pitty Shimano doesn't allow the buttons to be configured per mode, i.e. synchro has a different configuration compared to semi-synchro.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Detailed Upgrade Write-Up (Felt IA16) [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, agreed - that would be a lot nicer.

You can change the button assignment using the wireless module too, so if you don't have to tweak things every race then it could be OK doing it that way. But yeah.. that does require the bluetooth module.

Perhaps they'll change this in the future.. we can only hope.
E-Tube Project 4.0 is being released in September, but what changes it'll implement isn't known at this time.

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Last edited by: Di2Terry: Jul 30, 20 5:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next