Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the beats 3 and couldn't be happier with them.

I had the jaybird bluebud x and they were OK but battery life and sound was not as good as the beats.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [BMH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The jaybjrd x3 last for around 8 hours. I’m still searching for the perfect pair of headphones...
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any of the above-mentioned wireless headphone has self-integrated music, i.e., you don't need a device such as a phone to play the music. Would be nice to just wear earbuds and carry nothing else.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also like the iconx 2018 model. Freedom with no wires and a special bonus that it contains 4GB of internal memory so you can either play your internal music (no need to bring a phone) or stream from phone via BT. Battery seems good with advertised 5 hours but I believe there is some issue with the headset discharging when placed in the charging case. Only happened once though. Otherwise, very nice, sounds good enough and doesn't move in your ear.

dgutstadt wrote:
I have been using Jabra bluetooth for a while and they really fit me well. however, the battery seem to stop holding a charge after a few months and i have to return them

I recently got the Samsung Gear IconX. These have no wire between them which is super comfortable (I hate the wire sticking to the sweat on the back of my neck) and are really small and light so don't bother my ear. Surprisingly they don't fall out when running (that may just be a personal fit thing and not work for other people).
Huge advantage is you can put music (or audiobooks in my case) right on them so don't need to carry any other device for playing - big plus if you don't want to carry a phone or other mp3 player when running or spend $400 for the new Garmin 645; but they also function as regular BT headset.
Touch control is complete shit, but I just don't mess with it at all during the run. Only problem is they are not cheap $150 on amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New guy here but I am an audio geek

I have used the Samsung icon x 2018 and had issues with the audio getting muffled in the ear piece. I sweat heavily and found that the filter in the earpiece will get clogged and block the sound. Also for a sports headphone they are not rated at water resistant and as said before the touch controls are spotty at times.

I have since switched to Bragi Dash pro and love them 4 GB on board memory like the Samsung but they are also water proof. I also like to run without a phone so the memory is worth it for me. Battery life is good for a few hours and they have a lot of sleeves included to get the right fit. They have also honored a repair on a out of warranty repair on older set I had that my wife now uses.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [Augie023] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Augie023 wrote:
New guy here but I am an audio geek

I have used the Samsung icon x 2018 and had issues with the audio getting muffled in the ear piece. I sweat heavily and found that the filter in the earpiece will get clogged and block the sound. Also for a sports headphone they are not rated at water resistant and as said before the touch controls are spotty at times.

Its for this very reason I am very tempted to by a pair of the bone conducting headphones I linked earlier. You still have ambient sound which is useful for obvious reasons but had the benefit of nothing stuck in your ear-thus no sweat clogging! And also no worries about falling out of your ear. Would also be great for on the bike....

I tried a pair in the shop and was astounded with the sound quality...just waiting on some first hand feedback before buying.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about this to but I don't like running with a phone. That's why I love the onboard storage. Also the Bragi and Samsung have an ambient sound mode that turns on the mic and let's in outside noise in. It's a little odd at first but works well
Last edited by: Augie023: Feb 26, 18 18:31
Quote Reply

Prev Next